Monday, December 13, 2010

Aftershock Energy Review

In the world of energy drinks, there are a ton of Red Bull clones. This drink is no exception, unlike Red Bull though it only costs 99 cents and comes in a 16 oz. can. I found this drink at a Dollar General store, it may be availiable at other dollar stores but you're most likely going find it at a Dollar General. Red Bull is always going to remain more readily available but also more expensive. Red Bull will always be more recognizable than Aftershock and will always remain on the energy drink market, drinks like Aftershock seem to disappear after collecting dust on the dollar store shelf after awhile, let's see how it performs in can design, taste and energy before we go ahead and say it's an overall better or overall worse drink than Red Bull.

The Can:
I'm not an insider in the field of creating generic energy drinks or anything but it seems like they all follow a golden rule: Make it look like we tried way too hard to create a cool can design. The name "Aftershock" makes perfect sense for an energy drink but there's something about the can that I just don't like. Like I said, it looks like they tried way too hard. I think they should have taken a more simple and clean approach. I also don't like how it says "With B Vitamins" in big letters at the top of the can, that's not extremely uncommon in energy drinks, calm down.

The Taste:
I chose to begin this review by saying that this drink is a Red Bull clone because that's exactly what it is. The only slight difference I can pinpoint is that this drink isn't quite as smooth as Red Bull, that's about it though. If you've ever had a Red Bull, you've had an Aftershock and vice versa.

The Buzz:
Aftershock has Caffeine, Taurine, Glucoronolactone and some B Vitamins. I honestly don't think it contains a very high number of them because this drink doesn't do much for me. It's not completely ineffective but then again it's not completely effective either, it's average.

There are better drinks you can get for $1 and I recommend picking up something like a Rip It instead. I'd really only recommend this drink if you really like the taste of Red Bull and want 16 oz. of it for only $1.

7 comments:

  1. I've got to say, I love this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought it at family fair in michigan for 50¢ a can! ItsI love this stuff it just like red bull, but way easier on the old wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this stuff in Nov 2012 about the 15th and went and bought some more. I am drinking one right now. It taste great and I do not know why ppl give it a low score. I magine they are the same people who if it cost more would give it a A+ lol. Some places this drink is the same price as other energy drinks but I think most people do not know about it which is why its not that popular, kind of like a hidden secret.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember having this, but I can't remember if I liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!