Monday, December 20, 2010

Amp Elevate Energy Review


Amp is Mountain Dew's energy drink which isn't anything unusual since most major soda companies have their own energy drink by now. Elevate is Amp's berry variety and comes in a nice looking blue and black can. Elevate was also the first Amp drink I had awhile back and I've had every other Amp drink since then. It seems like people either love or hate Amp, some people swear by it and some people can't stand it. Let's see how the elevate variety performs in the design, taste and buzz categories.



The Can:
Like I said, Elevate comes in a blue and black can that doesn't look too bad. Each variety of Amp supposedly does something else along with providing energy and the can has some stuff about that on it. The can also has the Mountain Dew logo in the corner which lets you know wat the drink it drink is going to taste like. All of the flavors of Mountain Dew have a distinct taste we all know about so I had a good idea of what this drink would be like.

The Taste:
Despite being a blue can, the color of Elevate itself is actually red. That doesn't really matter but it's something I felt like pointing out. The actual taste of Elevate is a lot like Mountain Dew, just like I predicted. In case any Mountain Dew fans out there are wondering, Elevate really doesn't anything like Voltage, my personal favorite and Mountain Dew's blue drink. Instead, this drink does have a slight mixed berry flavor that's extremely hard for me to pinpoint, I can't really pick out any noticable berry flavor in it at all. Instead, you get this odd tasting Mountain Dew flavor that leaves a weird aftertaste in your mouth. Don't get me wrong, it's not horrible but it's not the best by any means either. If you re not sure about liking the flavor you'll just have to pick one up and try it because I'm having a hard time describing it.

The Buzz:
Amp Elevate contains 160 mg of Caffeine (A 20 oz. bottle of Mountain Dew contains 90 mg), 248 mg of Guarana, 296 mg of Taurine (Which is an unusually low number for any energy drink) and Ginseng. The buzz I got was just slightly above average, to tell the truth I've never really liked Amp drinks that much due to their lackluster buzzes.

Overall, if you're a Mountain Dew fan you'd probably like the flavor of this drink but if you're looking for an energy drink that will really wake you up then I recommend trying something else.

 

                             

3 comments:

Share your comments here!