Thursday, December 23, 2010

Amp Overdrive Energy Review

Overdrive is supposed to be Amp's cherry flavor. Amp has several varieties and I think they have so many because they're trying to make something for everybody. I don't blame them, Amp energy buzzes don't seem to ever be that great so if I were them I'd make drinks that people would buy just for the flavor too. Then again, Amp is Mountain Dew's energy drink company and Mountain Dew has several flavor  varieties also. Let's see if this drink can actually provide an "intense hit of cherry" while also providing a good energy buzz.

The Can:
Overdrive's can isn't that bad and looks appropriate for a cherry flavored drink. Each Amp variety looks the same as the next with the exception of a few differences in can text and the color scheme. The can doesn't look horrible and any Amp fan that wants a cherry flavor would know which one to buy.

The Taste:
Mountain Dew Code Red is one of my favorite varieties of Mountain Dew, but despite being red and being made by Mountain Dew, Overdrive doesn't taste much like Code Red. Instead, it does have a cherry flavor but the cherry almost becomes an afterthought after the strong Mountain Dew taste and the other odd aftertaste this drink leaves in your mouth. I can see a lot of people enjoying the taste, but it's not really for me, it's just alright.

The Buzz:
Overdrive definitely doesn't contain an amazing amount of energy ingredients and unfortunately Amp Overdrive didn't do much for me energy wise. I did feel a buzz but it wasn't amazing. If Amp was the only energy drink out there, I'd pick it up in a heartbeart and I'd probably love it because it provided me with energy in the first place. But, there are other way better energy drinks out there for the same price or cheaper.

All in all, Overdrive isn't a terrible drink but there are many other energy drinks that I'd much rather have and you probably would too. If you're a die-hard Mountain Dew fan though, you'd probably like this drink.

2 comments:

Share your comments here!