Thursday, December 16, 2010

Full Throttle Blue Agave Energy Review

Until 2009, Full Throttle Blue Agave was Full Throttle Blue Demon. I remember seeing Blue Demon but I never tried it. In the meantime Full Throttle revamped their drinks and image and Blue Agave is Blue Demon's replacement. The original citrus Full Throttle I had before this certainly didn't become one of my favorites but that doesn't mean that the Blue Agave variety can't make up for it.




The Can:
Blue Agave Full Throttle utilizes a blue can which makes sense since it's called Blue Agave. The can isn't much different from the original Full Throttle and doesn't look horrible. It's a nice design that looks sharp and clean, the shade of blue they used makes the drink look nice in a cooler or on a shelf.

The Taste:
The original Full Throttle's flavor is a big part of the reason why I don't like it, it's just not the kind of flavor I like. "Blue Agave" isn't a flavor you see everyday in an energy drink and prior to opening up the can I had no idea what to expect. I can safely say now that Blue Agave tastes a lot like applesauce, which is really strange for an energy drink. It almost tastes the same as original Full Throttle but leaves an applesauce-like aftertaste in your mouth. As weird as that sounds it actually tastes better than the original Full Throttle in my opinion, I found it more enjoyable and overall I like it better.

The Buzz:
When it comes down to reading the back of the can to find out what's in the drink energy wise, Blue Agave's can is just as confusing as the original's can. I like to list the ingredients but that's hard to do with this can. Still, I experienced the same slightly above average energy buzz as with the original so there's no improvement there whatsoever. As I've said before, if you don't want to feel extremely awake and just want to stay awake then I recommend this drink.

While the flavor of Full Throttle Blue Agave is better in my opinion than the original variety, the buzz remains the same. Full Throttle is alright but it certainly isn't my favorite, I do recommend this to people who don't like really strong energy drinks or just want something a little more mellow.





5 comments:

  1. Agave is actually a cactus fruit, and I think that it's funny that this drink had to change the name. It was originally called "Blue Demon". I find that it tastes similar to eating a handful of gummy bears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the only energy drink, besides Starbucks plus energy, that I drink. It tastes great and the vitamins are exactly what I need, I have fibromyalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm still very upset that 'Blue Demon' is gone. I've been doing some research to find out if this 'blue agave' is supposed to be the same energy drink as the original 'Blue Demon' energy drink and found out that its only an assumption that they are the same. I remember still, the smooth lingering taste of my favorite drink (not just energy drink) the 'Blue Demon' full throttle. When I first saw the 'blue agave' on the shelf, I was hoping it was just a label change, like most people today still believe, but I cracked into the can and taste a distinctly different beverage. I feel lied to, but most of all, I feel..... Betrayed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharono, do you have obtained benefits assuming that drink with fibromyalgia?

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!