Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Go Ape Energy Review

When I started this blog, I really tried not to review Go Ape, mainly because it really isn't a traditional energy drink that comes in a can. This drink can actually be found in Polar Pop drink machines at Circle K convenience stores, and you can get 32 oz. of it for 59 cents (63 cents with tax, actually). When I go to Circle K a Polar Pop full of Go Ape is pretty much mandatory. There's even a Go Ape Energy Facebook page which I'm apart of and the drink has a cult following. Honestly, I wouldn't buy Go Ape if they put it out in 8 or 16 oz. cans because it belongs in the big cup that supposedly "Stays Cold Longer" (I always wondered why they had ice at the Polar Pop machines if the cup supposedly keeps the drink "Extremely Cold"). Anyway, I decided to take a trip down to Circle K and pick up a Polar Pop full of "straight ape". I actually didn't even take a sip of it when I walked home, when I got home I drank it and here's my review of one of the most unusual and interesting energy drinks ever, Go Ape Energy.

The Cup:
Obviously since this drink comes from a Polar Pop machine you're going to get it in the big Polar Pop cup. Still, the actual button you press to get this drink from the Polar Pop machine has a design on it which I'd like to comment on. The design is an ape holding a barbell in one hand, a baseball in the other and looking really, really angry with "Go Ape! Energy" in a yellow block letter font surrounding the ape. I have no idea why the ape is holding a barbell and baseball but that doesn't really matter, judging by the look on the ape's face I probably wouldn't want to ask him.

The Drink:
Go Ape is a very red drink, much like red Gatorade or Mountain Dew: Code Red. One time I was wearing a blue flannel shirt when I bought some Go Ape and it spilled on the arm of my shirt, the drink looked like it was going to stain but after washing the flannel it came right out. What that has to do the review, I have no idea. As for taste, Go Ape is a very, very sour and tart cherry energy drink. It's one of the strongest and most ridiculous energy drinks I've ever had. There's a rumor going around that Go Ape is supposed to be used as a mixer for other Polar Pop drinks which is why it's so strong but I doubt that's true. The taste of this drink alone is enough to wake you up, I like it.

The Buzz:
There's no way of knowing exactly what's in this drink but drinking a full 32 oz. Polar Pop of it is bound to give you some kind of energy, no matter what it is. I would assume that there's caffeine and taurine, whatever it is certainly seems to give me a pretty good buzz for only 63 cents.

For only 63 cents, you can't go wrong with this drink, I really like it. If you don't like this drink, then what do you expect for only 63 cents?

8 comments:

  1. Best drink of all time!

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Go-Ape-Energy/57414191732

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stuff! I usually add some mtn dew or and some lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I once drank 96ounces of this stuff and was more buzzed than a bumblebee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring it back to barberton ohio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why did they take it away!? It was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY I LOVWE THE GO APE DRINK WE CALL IT A MONKEY DRINK BUT CIRCLE K PULLED IT AND REPLACED IT WITH FULL THROTTLE! WHAT A BIG MISTACHE FULL THROTTLE ALREADY CAME IN A CAN WE ALL; SHOULD WRITE TO CIRKLE K ANDS TELL THEM TO GIVE IT BACK!!! MIKEL OF OHIO

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!