Monday, December 13, 2010

NOS Energy Review

One thing I've always liked about NOS is that even though they're just as commercial as Monster or Rockstar they remain unique and different. The original NOS is a popular drink, in this review I'll be reviewing a 16 oz. can of NOS, NOS also comes in bottles that look like the bottles real nitrous oxide comes in, it's not uncommon to see those around too. NOS has several other varieties to choose from but the original is the most readily available.
The Can:
This drink's can design is loved and hated by a lot of people. Some people don't like it and some people love it, I personally don't think it's that bad. The blue looks nice and is eye catching, the only thing I don't really like is the "High Performance Energy Drink" text under the logo, even if it is true that's a statement that's used way too much in energy drinks. Still, it's an alright can design and I like it.

The Drink:
When I say that NOS is citrus flavored, i'm not kidding. It's a very, very strong citrus flavor that I've always liked a lot. I have no idea what an actual citrus flavor is supposed to taste like because citrus flavors tend to vary from drink to drink. The particular citrus in this drink is very strong and I don't recommend it if you don't like strong tasting drinks. The only real problem with this drink flavor wise is that it tastes way better to drink by itself and not with food. If you drink this with food it seems like both the drink and whatever you're eating start to taste really odd. That might just be me, but I still love the flavor when I drink it all by itself.

The Buzz:
Since they put it right on the can, you expect NOS to be a high performance energy drink. It contains 2000 mg of Taurine, 400 mg of L-Carnitine, 260 mg of Caffeine, 200 mg of Inositol and 100 mg of Panax Ginseng. Those are high numbers and NOS does provide a pretty strong energy buzz. There are energy drinks that have more caffeine but those are the drinks that cause all kinds of controversy. Still, NOS always provides a nice and enjoyable buzz that gets you going.

While NOS does provide a nice buzz, I can definitely see some people not liking the flavor. I think the flavor is really good, but that's my opinion. If you like both strong flavors and buzzes, I recommend giving NOS a try.

5 comments:

  1. NOS taste like ass and feet by far one of the worst energy drinks next to red ox and the stackers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think nos taste more like a mix of orange and pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been my favorite for years I believe one of the other flavors in it is passionfruit (?) Either way it's on the top of the list for me and I've noticed its become quite popular more recently for whatever reason...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome drink, I liked original and occasionally grape. Citrus and cherry not so much. NOS really dropped the ball when they 1) Discontinued the 22 oz bottle, it was resealable and had over 300 mg of caffeine! 2) Lowered the caffeine in all of their 16 oz cans from 260 mg to 160...NOS tastes good but it's value was in the high caffeine content. With all drinks now having roughly the same mg per can, I'll be drinking NOS less now unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!