Monday, December 13, 2010

Red Bull

Name: Red Bull
Size: 8 oz.
Energy blend: Caffeine, Taurine, Glucoronolactone, B Vitamins

Red Bull has been around for a long time. Jolt Power Cola is often considered the first energy drink, but Red Bull has been around for almost as long. Red Bull comes in a lot of can sizes, and can be found (almost literally) anywhere. I would be lying if I said that this was my first can of Red Bull, although I don't drink it very often because it's pretty expensive.

Can/Design:

Red Bull's can is one that just about anybody would recognize. It's remained the same for a long time and is pretty much an "iconic" image by now. It's silver, blue, red and yellow design isn't that bad. It's been around for so long and is so well known that they'll most likely never change it. I like the design but if I didn't there wouldn't be much of a point in making fun of it or saying how bad it is because I have a feeling that it's going \to pretty much be around forever.


Taste:

Red Bull's taste is without a doubt the most copied and reproduced energy drink flavor out there. Monster's taste is often copied but I've had a ton of energy drinks that are practically identical to Red Bull. It's a kiwi, fruity taste with a nice "bite" to it that isn't horrible. A lot of people hate the medicinal aftertaste Red Bull sometimes leaves in your mouth. I don't always notice it and when I do it's not that big of a deal, it still might turn some people off though. I personally know a few people that "don't like energy drinks", (meaning Monster) but like Red Bull.

Energy:

The energy buzz you get from drinking a Red Bull obviously depends on the size of the can you've had. Some restaurants have Red Bull, and if you order it they'll give you an 8 oz. can. The most common Red Bull size at the store is also the 8 oz. can, but Red Bull also comes in a 12 oz., 16 oz., and 32 oz. sizes. 

One 8 oz. can of Red Bull will have pretty much no effect on me, but a 16 oz. or 32 oz. can will provide me with a pretty substantial buzz. I drink a lot of energy drinks though, and it varies from person to person. Red Bull contains Taurine, Caffeine and Glucoronolactone which can get the job done energy-wise. As I said before though, you may want to pick up whatever size of can you think best suits you or the ideal lift in energy.

Red Bull actually isn't a horrible energy drink, despite how expensive it is. A lot of dollar stores have generic energy drinks that are pretty much identical twins to Red Bull for only $1. I doubt that if you're reading this website you've never had a Red Bull, but if you haven't, give one a try.

7 comments:

  1. Tastes too much like the original monster, just save the money and buy a original monster since they're cheaper and have more of the exacty same flavour

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the 8 oz. cans of Red Bull are highly overpriced. I am 12 years old, and when I have a Red Bull, I cannot tell any difference in my energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS DRINK I HAVEN'T FELT TIRED ALL NIGHT AND GOT ALLL MY WORK DONE I THINK I CAN'T BELIVE I HAVEN'T TRIED TAKING THIS BEFORE IT SOLVES ALL YOUR PROBLEMS!!!!:):(:):(:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best energy drink but expensive

    ReplyDelete
  5. to the person who posted on july 16 2012 at 11 pm----Redbul came out almost 20 years before monster.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!