Saturday, December 18, 2010

Relentless Energy Review

Relentless is actually an energy drink from overseas, it's not from America originally but Coca-Cola got a hold of it and now it's over here for me to try and review. The brown can caught my eye and I thought it was a coffee drink, it turned out to be an energy drink though so let's give it a try and see how it compares to other energy drinks I've had in the past.







The Can:
This drink's can is certainly different, it's a little cluttered and uses brown as it's background color. It's not horrible looking, it's unique and even has a quote from Benjamin Franklin on it, which is interesting. If I ever created an energy drink, it's can definitely wouldn't look like this one does, it's still a cool design though and I have to give them credit for being different and trying something that you don't see everyday.

The Drink:
I've had Relentless on a few different occasions and I very, very highly recommend having this when it's ice cold. The first time I had Relentless, it was barely cold at all and tasted gross. It honestly tasted like I was drinking 16 oz. of cough syrup. Luckilly I later found the drink in a cooler at a different store so I decided to pick it up and try it. When Relentless is cold, it thankfully doesn't taste nearly as bad. The flavor is berry-oriented and has a decent bite to it, it's not the worst I've had and it's definitely way better cold than warm, like most drinks are I guess.

The Buzz:
Relentless contains Caffeine, Guarana, Glucoronolactone, Inositol and Taurine. Those are pretty much standard energy drink ingredients so you can pretty much expect a pretty standard energy drink buzz. I felt a nice buzz from this drink that really seemed to keep me focused. The Buzz got the job done and lasted for about 3 hours, which isn't bad.

Since Coca-Cola owns Relentless it's becoming easier and easier to find as time goes on. It's an alright drink and if you're looking for something new to try I recommend it, just make sure it's nice and cold when you drink it.




       

2 comments:

  1. Do you drink 'energy' drinks more to obtain energy or for taste?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to find an even balance of both. I can finish a drink that doesn't all that good, but I'd rather have a great tasting drink that provides great energy.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!