Monday, December 13, 2010

Rockstar Energy Review

The way Rockstar advertises itself is very similar to Monster energy. I've always liked Rockstar a little more and if I'm ever just buying an energy drink to drink and not review, it's usually a Rockstar. Rockstar was one of the first energy drinks I had and it's remained one of my favorites. In my opinion it's very well marketed and even though I don't always "Party Like a Rockstar", I still love the drink.
The Can:
Rockstar's can is the dark looking black that is almost cliche now with energy drinks, it's been around for awhile and was one of the first. I'm almost positive that Rockstar was either the first or one of the first to use a 16 oz. can too. The can has a clean design that is nicely put together. They've changed their can design before and the one they're using now is the best they've ever used in my opinion. It's an attractive can and if you want people to think you're really cool then Rockstar is probably an ideal drink to pick up.

The Drink:
The reason Rockstar has remained one of my favorite energy drinks for awhile is about 50/50, it's 50% taste and 50% energy. The taste is really good, it tastes like bubblegum and has an amazing "bite" to it. Energy drinks tend to have a flavor of their own and the original Rockstar is one of the best. Simply put, the original Rockstar tastes great and is without a doubt one of my favorites, I love it.

The Buzz:
All Rockstar drinks have very hefty and nice energy blends. This particular drink in it's most common 16 oz. size contains 1.35 grams overall. It has 1000 mg of Taurine, 150 mg of Gingko Biloba Leaf Extract, 80 mg of Caffeine, 25 mg of Guarana, 25 mg of Inositol, 25 mg of L-Carnitine, 25 mg of Panax Ginseng Extract and 20 mg of Milk Thistle Extract. With a blend like that, you can certainly expect a big lift in energy. Everytime I have a Rockstar I always feel way more energized and it's never "guess and check" energy wise. I always know for sure that Rockstar is going to provide me with the energy I need.

With an amazing taste and energy buzz, Rockstar is one of my favorite energy drinks to this day. I highly recommend picking one or twenty of them up, they're great.

3 comments:

  1. What pisses me off about rockstar is that every other drink except the coconut water has sucralose or asesulfame-k added. Why? Esp in the juiced. Your going to put chemical sweetners in a juiced version?

    ReplyDelete
  2. bubblegum?!!! you have some jacked taste buds man. It taste similar to redbull, with a stronger bite and kind of a spicy taste.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!