Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Venom Black Mamba Energy Review

Venom is made by Dr. Pepper, it interestingly actually comes in an aluminum resealable bottle.  I don't know what to think about the snake theme with this drink, that doesn't matter that much though, what really matters is how good the drink is, especially for being made by Dr. Pepper. Just about every major soda company has their own energy drink at this point so it only makes sense that Dr. Pepper does too.






The Bottle:
Dr. Pepper did an amazing job designing this drink. The bottle idea is a good one and I like how it's resealable. The bottle is nicely put together and doesn't look cheap at all, it looks great in the store and in your hand while you're drinking it. I like the color scheme, I've seen other Venom bottles before as well and they don't look that bad either.

The Drink:
I was disappointed and at the same time really surprised when I opened this drink up. Believe it or not, this drink is a Red Bull clone. That's a pretty disappointing outcome for a drink made by Dr. Pepper, you would think they could at least make something original. I was disappointed by the taste, at the same time if you like Red Bull you can now get it in a resealable bottle I guess.

The Buzz:
Venom contains Caffeine, Taurine, Glucoronolactone, L-Carnitine and Guarana. Those ingredients should be familiar with anyone who drinks energy drinks and I felt a good enough energy buzz from this drink. It made me feel more awake when I drank it early in the morning and it did what is was supposed to.

Even though Venom is a Red Bull clone taste wise, it provided me with a nice energy buzz. There are other varieties of Venom that probably aren't clones of other drinks and I'll get around to reviewing those later.

4 comments:

  1. I am drinking Dragon made by Dragon beverage company California, I do not know it because its new in South africa

    ReplyDelete
  2. in my opinion it dosent taste like redbull

    ReplyDelete
  3. Redbull? it tastes more like monster than redbull

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!