Monday, January 24, 2011

Jolt Blue Bolt Energy Review

The Jolt company practically invented the energy drink when they released Jolt Cola in 1986, their slogan was "All the sugar and twice the caffeine", which is a pretty good slogan if you ask me. As the years progressed, Jolt later came out with more flavors and released them in huge battery cans that you probably remember. Recently, the Jolt company fell on hard times but now they're back with some new drinks in 16 oz. cans, Blue Bolt is one of those drinks and today we're going to take a look at it.





The Can:
Jolt's logo has changed sinced they released Jolt Cola but right now it's still the same as it was on the big battery cans, the original Jolt logo is still in use on Jolt Energy Gum. This can's black and blue color scheme looks good and the long list of energy ingredients spanning the top of the can is enough to make any energy drink fan like me want to buy it and try it. Jolt's been around forever and they know what they're doing, this drink's can proves that.

The Drink:
Even though I'm writing this review now, I've had this drink a few times prior to today and my only complaint with the drink is what is faintly smells like, which is Listerine, the mouthwash. For some reason, this drink smells like Listerine. Luckilly, when you take a sip you experience a flavor that is nothing like Listerine but actually a blue Jolly Rancher. This drink actually tastes like a blue Jolly Rancher in liquid form, it tastes awesome and it became one of my favorite energy drink flavors the first time I had it.

The Buzz:
Unfortunately the back of the can doesn't individually list the amount of ingredients in the drink but if you pick up a can, read the long list spanning the top of it. This drink contains all of your favorite energy drink ingredients. Not long after finishing the drink I experienced a nice energy buzz that was just right, I wasn't so energized that I was paranoid and agitated and I wasn't so un-energized that I was, well, un-energized. I really liked the buzz this drink gave me, it got the job done and was satisfactory in the end.

Jolt scored a win with this new 16 oz. drink, it has a unique flavor and provides a great buzz. I have a feeling that the Jolt company will be around for a long, long time.


More Jolt Below:

Original old school can of Jolt cola


Jolt battery can, these were unfotunately discontinued recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!