Saturday, January 1, 2011

Rockstar Recovery Energy Review

The bright yellow can belonging to this drink is an exact opposite of the dark black can the original Rockstar has. Rockstar Recovery is a non carbonated lemonade flavored drink that is supposed to give you energy and hydration at the same time, which is an interesting claim. I give Rockstar credit for branching out and trying something different with the drink, if it's from Rockstar the end result couldn't possibly be that bad.
The Can:
Recovery's can is a bright yellow with some red and black on it also. It looks pretty good and is unique but it's odd to me to see any Rockstar drink or almost any energy drink in general in a yellow can. It still looks alright and is appropriate for the drink's flavor, lemonade.

The Drink:
Recovery isn't carbonated, which means it won't fizz or anything when you open it up. There are other Lemonade flavored energy drinks out there but they're not extremely common. The lemonade flavor in this drink is pretty smooth and prominent, much like the can the drink's flavor is an exact opposite of the original Rockstar also. I was surprised by how good the drink tasted due to all the energy ingredients in it that could make it taste nasty, luckilly it ended up tasting good and I finished the can quickly.

The Buzz:
Rockstar Recovery contains 1000 mg of Taurine, 80 mg of Caffeine, 50 mg of Panax Ginseng Extract, 25 mg of Prickly Pear Extract and 20 mg of Milk Thistle Extract. Rockstar is known to provide pretty nice energy buzzes and this drink isn't an exception, I felt substantially more awake and alert which helped a lot since I was pretty tired when I picked up the drink. As for the drink being hydrating, I didn't run a marathon or fight Chuck Norris prior to drinking this so I can't speak for that aspect of the drink, but I'm sure it's just as potent as the energy blend.

If you're looking for something new to try, try Rockstar Recovery. I highly recommend this drink to just about anybody, unless you don't like lemonade.

1 comment:

  1. I use this before and sometimes mid-marathon and it's a life saver. It really drinks like a sports drink. Plus, the energy gives me that PUSH I need during a race.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!