Friday, January 14, 2011

Xtra Energy Shot Orange Review

The Xtra energy shot comes in two varieties, berry and orange. I reviewed the berry variety a few days ago, so I decided to give this one a try.  Since they're only $1 you really can't beat these shots. If there are any Dollar General stores in your area, they probably have them.






The Bottle:
Xtra Orange's bottle looks the same as the berry flavor's bottle except for the orange background, which makes sense since it's an orange flavored shot. Just like the berry variety this shot contains all the typical energy shot information and the big warning on the back of it that tells you all the possible side effects and precautions you should take when drinking an energy shot.

The Shot:
Unfortunately, this is where the similarites between and the berry and orange shot stop. While the berry shot is drinkable, this orange shot is the worst tasting energy shot I've ever had. It tastes disgusting, the bitterness of energy shots and orange flavor definitely don't go together. I had to get a glass of water after drinking the shot and even then the aftertaste remained in my mouth. I highly recommend picking up the berry shot if you want a drinkable energy shot.

The Buzz:
While the flavor is gross, the buzz remains the same as the berry variety of Xtra, which is pretty good. It kept me going for about 4 hours and I was satisfied with it, it's a good alternative to 5 Hour Energy and successfully does what it's supposed to do.

$1 is cheap for an energy shot but since there's a berry flavor that provides a much better flavor and the same good buzz, I highly recommend trying it instead, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!