Friday, February 11, 2011

Monster M3 Energy Review


Since there isn't much to it, here's the text from the back of this 5oz. bottle:

This little bottle of super concentrated Monster madness packs a 16oz. punch into only 5oz. of liquid. Our unique nitrous technology mellows out the flavor. A shot it's not, but then you don't have to plug your nose to drink it! Grab an M3 glass and kick some ass!

I heard that Monster is going to discontinue the Hitman shot which has been out for awhile, and this is it's replacement. Lately, Monster has been putting out some pretty stupid drinks, including this. I don't see the need to discountinue Hitman or completely replace it, it's pointless. Especially because this is a 5oz. drink in a glass bottle with a cap like you'd find on a bottle of beer. It's a pretty ridiculous design and to me it just doesn't make much sense, apparently someone loved the idea though. You have to use a bottle opener to open it too, which is a pain when you just want to buy it and drink it. Still, since it's a new drink I decided to pick it up and give it a try.

The Bottle:
Like I said, M3 comes in a ridiculous looking glass bottle. A lot of people probably think that this is an "ingenious" design, it is creative and I give Monster credit for it. Still, the fact that you have to use a bottle opener to open it can be annoying. It's not like Bawls Guarana which uses a twist-off cap even though it comes in a glass bottle. Whoever writes the descriptions on the back of Monster products does a good job, no matter how bad the product may actually be the description draws you in and makes you want to try it for some reason. I do think it would be cool to release regular Monster in full sized glass bottles, unfortunately I'm not a big fan of this one though.

The Drink:
M3 is just 16 oz. of Monster concentrated into a 5 oz. bottle, it's not really a new flavor at all. When I opened up the bottle and quickly drank it in just over the amount of time it would take me to drink a regular sized shot, the drink didn't taste as bad as I thought. It still had the original Monster taste but was a little more bitter, that's a given though when you're cramming 16 oz. into 5 oz.

The Buzz:
Soon after finishing the drink I started to feel a pretty potent energy buzz. The buzz eventually mellowed out after a few minutes and didn't turn out to be that amazing at all. It lasted for a few hours and was ok, but I've had better in the past.

M3 is an expensive drink, the bottle design is cool but I can definitely see it being annoying for some people. The taste isn't as bad as I expected but the buzz was only slightly above average. If one tiny bottle of M3 didn't cost so much I might recommend it but since you can get better for the same price or even cheaper, I don't.

13 comments:

  1. Sorry ass review. I tried the stuff and it is great. First concentrate that doen't send you looking for a water chaser. Stuff tastes damn good and has great energy without looking for the head in 15 minutes. Carbonated too. The glass is cool, so go "Grab the glass and kick some ass".

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not really a horrible drink, but I've had generic shots for $1 that perform the same if not better. Trust me, I've had way worse before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DISCLAIMER: I am no "pussy" when it comes to energy drinks. I drink lots of different verities and amounts rather regularly. That said please enjoy my thoughts on "Moster M-3".

    This drink is dangerous! I was intrigued by the idea of a 16oz Monster in a 5oz bottle. At first everything was great, better than great actually. I felt like a million bucks, and the energy lasted for over two hours! After that I started to fell like I was going to crash, so I had another. Why not, right? I then again started to feel the boost from before, but it was stronger and lasted slightly longer. It was great, at first, but I soon realized that I had made a huge mistake. The boost started to ware out, but I could feel my heart racing like crazy! I began to feel nervous and anxious. This continued for about an hour. For that hour I feared for my life, and even contemplated going to the hospital. I asked my friend to get me a bottle of water. I honestly believe that water saved my life that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To the anonymous guy... If you are a connoisseur of sorts for energy drinks then you would know that the fact that this new monster drink is nitrous infused, which means that it is a thermogenic. For those of you that don't know what that means, it's that it dialates your bloodstream, increasing blood flow to the heart... Similar to adrenaline so an increased amount of the drink would even further dialate your arteries and cause this "racing heart". This product is good in moderation and should not be abused, hence the warnings. There's a point at which not being a "pussy" and common sense should interject. Too much of a nitrous should be common sense...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This stuff tastes great and really works. I am a prison guard and at the end of long 12hr shifts it really gives me a boost without the extra water and the resulting bathroom hastle. Thanks Monster for a good tasting 3x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tastes great!!! Like cocaine in a bottle!! Only cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive been thru 3 different locations and grabbed 3 different bottles of this stuff over a month period. Question... Is there supposed to be chucks of mystery meat in all 3 of my bottles? .. I didn't drink it and I think Monster needs to explain whats in there product.. EVERYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved it but I can't find it anymore :-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. this tuff makes you wanna party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Read the can. It says not to have more then two in 4 hours

    ReplyDelete
  11. This stuff made me leave 8 inch coiler poops after I had it.. but it did make me focused pretty good. Little pricey also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cut my hand trying to open it . It wasn't even that great etheir

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!