Friday, March 11, 2011

Monster Nitrous Super Dry Energy Review

I tried this drink for the first time awhile ago, but forgot to review it. So, I picked up another bottle/can and decided to drink it and review it. These nitrous drinks actually contain nitrous and are supposed to be stronger than a regular Monster in the energy department. I like the fast that these include nitrous, it's something unique and I've never seen it in another energy drink before. While NOS bottles look like nitrous bottles, the drink doesn't actually contain nitrous. The bottle also reminds me of the old Jolt can which were discontinued recently. The bottle this comes in is the kind that makes the loud "pop" when you open it.



The Bottle:
I like the design of the bottle, it's interesting and they did a pretty good job. Yet again, I can laugh at the description on the back of it though. When I saw that it supposedly contained Nitrous, I immediately thought of snorting the gas from whipped cream cans, which is called a whip-it. The back of the bottle actually says that it isn't a whip-it, but will get you buzzed (or something along those lines).

The Can:
Since the design is black and green, I figured that it would taste a lot like the regular Monster. Well, it does taste similar but it isn't quite the same, it's just as sour but not quite as sweet. I really don't understand the name of the drink, my mouth didn't feel dry after I drank it so I really don't know.

The Buzz:
As for the energy buzz, it was decent but not great, just slightly above average. It lasted for about two hours before mellowing out and I didn't "crash". It was about on par with the original Monster's buzz, I'll try the drink again later and see if it gives me more of a buzz next time.

If you want an interesting drink that's still somewhat expensive, pick this up.

1 comment:

Share your comments here!