Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rockstar 2x Energy Review

This is an interesting drink. It contains 2 times the caffeine of a regular Rockstar and it comes in a slim 12oz. can. It's also "low carb", for some reason low carb drinks seem to leave a sort of odd aftertaste in my mouth after I drink them. This drink has a high caffeine content for an easily available energy drink, which is nice also. Even though it's not the highest caffeine content I've seen, I'm still a little surprised that this drink hasn't had any media attention. It seems like people enjoy going after "dangerous" energy drinks, who knows.
The Can:
This drink has a fairly nice can design that fits in nicely with the other Rockstar drinks at the store. It has a yellow tab on top and despite looking a little cluttered it doesn't look horrible.

The Drink:
After I drank the can I checked out some other reviews on it. Most people said it tasted awful, I disagree. I thought it tasted pretty good, it definitely tastes different but it's not that bad. The taste was somewhat reminiscent of lemonade and it didn't taste natural at all but honestly isn't as bad as most people say it is. I like energy shots and all, but I'd rather enjoy a drink than swig down a shot.

The Buzz:
The energy buzz hit me fast and all I can say is it's pretty strong, it's actually more strong then some energy shots I've had. Trust me, if you can't handle caffeine don't try this. The buzz lasted close to 4 hours and I actually was a little jittery, which is somewhat unusual for me. It casually wore off though and I didn't feel worn out or anything afterwards. 

This drink really gave me a strong buzz that I enjoyed, the flavor wasn't horrible either. If you're sensitive to caffeine then don't try this drink, otherwise I strongly recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!