Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cintron Citrus Mango Energy Review

                                                        
During a trip to my local Dollar Tree store, which is a rare occurrance, I found this drink sitting on a shelf along with some other unusual drinks that I've never heard of. There was only Cintron drink can and only one flavor there, so I picked it up for a review. I've never heard of Cintron before, and judging by the can I figured that it was a cheap drink exclusive to Dollar Tree stores. It turns out that Cintron is a legitimate company, they even have a website which can be found here. It's a pretty decent website and I found out that the whole line of Cintron drinks is Latin inspired and that they focus of providing great taste along with great energy.


The Can:
The can design of this drink certainly isn't the best I've ever seen, but it's not horrible. Still, it looks kind of generic with all the lightning and stuff flying around on the can and the overall just cheap look. In my opinion, they need to get a background color other than silver and just work on the design in general. It's still an OK design but I think it needs some work.

The Taste:
Now, the flavor of this drink is Citrus Mango which is a flavor I've never had before in an energy drink. When I opened up the can and took a sip, my very first impression was that it was a Nos knock-off, but I was wrong. At least to me, the very first sip tastes a lot like Nos but with a slightly different background flavor. Once it mellowed out a little, it turned out to be a somewhat tart citrus flavor that I enjoyed. They definitely got the job done with the whole citrus thing, it's a really good citrus flavor and the background flavor ,which I assume is mango, really tops the whole taste off. While it's not my new favorite energy drink flavor, it's not bad and anyone that likes citrus would enjoy it.

The Buzz:
Unfortunately, the back of the can doesn't say exactly how much Taurine and Caffeine is in the drink. Interestingly, the drink contains Glucoronolactone, which supposedly won't make you "crash" after the effect from this drink wears off. This drink also contains 100% Niacin, which is interesting.  Energy blend wise, while it isn't the most interesting blend I've seen, it does sound like it will have some sort of effect. After I finished the drink, it took awhile but an about average energy buzz crept up on me. It was pretty much mediocre but at least it did something in the first place. It lasted for a decent amount of time and at least after it wore out I didn't "crash".

This drink wasn't extremely amazing and I wasn't extremely impressed, but it wasn't the worst and for the $1 price tag it's not that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!