Saturday, April 2, 2011

Gazzu Cherry Energy Review

I remember going to Circle K and trying the original Gazzu a long time ago, as far as I can remember it wasn't too bad. Since then, the can design has slightly changed and I think the original design was better. The G on the front was bigger and there was more detail around it. It's exclusively distributed to Circle K, so only expect to get one there. Even though I haven't written a new review for a little while, I've been drinking a few different cherry energy drinks and cherry has started to grow on me as a flavor. Let's see how cherry Gazzu can perform in the can, taste and buzz categories.



The Can:
It pretty much looks like a Monster knock-off, but you can always get these for a 4 for $5 deal, so you can't really complain. Usually, energy drinks have all of the energy providing ingredients spanning the top of the can. Instead, this can says something like "Refreshing, Energizing, Gimme Ah G!", you'll see why soon. The back has a description of the drink on it, which I was almost positive would be hilarious. It didn't disappoint, the can states that this drink could very possibly be made with moon dust, and I'm not making that up. It also mentions a "secret ingredient", which made me look at the ingredient list to see what was already in it. Somewhat surprisingly, the only energy providing ingredient was taurine, with 1000mg. As I stated before, I'm pretty sure that's why there isn't the usual list of ingredients spanning the top of the can. I wouldn't be surprised if the secret ingredient is guarana, but they should just come out and say it is because then people wouldn't think that it's a weak drink. I know that it sounds like I've been downgrading this drink, but it honestly really isn't bad at all.

The Taste:
Open opening it up, you get a scent that's kind of like a cherry lollipop, that's also how it tastes. It has a good taste that I could easily get very used to, and there wasn't an extremely noticeable aftertaste either.  It was good tasting cherry and was fairly enjoyable and very drinkable.

The Buzz:
So, after I drank it I eagerly awaited for a buzz to set it. The buzz from this drink wasn't extremely noticeable but surely enough I was soon wide awake and stayed up a lot later then I planned to. It's not an extreme energy buzz, but it's not too bad and it'll get the job done.

Head down to your local Circle K and pick some of these up, and be sure to get a Polar Pop full of Go Ape while you're at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!