Sunday, April 24, 2011

Gazzu Energy Review

When I picked up this drink, it actually wasn't my first time having it. I remember trying it for the first time early last summer before I started this website. I honestly couldn't remember what it was like so I decided to pick another one up. I like the drink's unique and somewhat unusual name, it's also pretty cheap at Circle K and that's good too. I highly recommend trying the cherry variety of Gazzu if you go to Circle K, I really enjoyed the taste of it. Let's see if this drink is good enough for me to recommend in the future and how it is compared to the cherry variety.




The Can:
Now, anybody that even knows very little about energy drinks can tell what drink this drink's can design was inspired by. In fact, it's almost a blatant rip off with the exception of the letter on the front of the can. Still, it's not a bad design and the description on the back of the can is probably the most unintentionally funny I've ever read. I'm almost positive that whoever wrote it was either trying way too hard or just extremely baked. If you pick up a can, read the description and you'll see what I mean. Since the can design is pretty much a blatant rip off another drink, I wasn't so sure about the taste being original either.

The Taste:
Upon opening the drink and taking a sip, I can say that I was without a doubt pleasantly surprised. It wasn't really a rip off of anything, it was actually pretty unique. At first, it honestly just tasted like that usual energy drink "bite" that anybody that drinks energy drinks is familiar with, and that's it. It was almost like drinking club soda, like they forgot to add a flavor. However, for somebody like me who can say that they're pretty much addicted to energy drinks, that's not a bad thing. Still, as I drank a little more I did notice a fairly slight lemon flavor that was really sour. If it sounds like I'm downgrading the flavor, I'm not. I actually really enjoyed the flavor and how unusual it is. I usually like to recommend a drink to people that like a certain flavor, but that's hard to do with this one. Overall flavor wise, it was a really neat flavor that I liked. I recommend this drink to everybody because you kind of have to drink it to understand what I mean.

The Buzz:
Energy buzz wise, it's a slightly above average buzz, which is probably due to the energy blend which contains 1000mg of Taurine. Taurine is honestly the only energy providing ingredient in the whole drink, unless you take the whole "moon dust" thing from the back of the can into account. It provided me with the energy I needed and I was satisfied.

Circle K's energy drink brands never really let me down, probably because they're all really weird.

3 comments:

  1. Drinking the Cherry-Lime right now, about to play some Dead Space 2 with this awesome rush. I believe that most of the energy comes from the 240mg of caffeine by the way, and not only the Taurine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tried the cherry limade. Very good. I felt good for a long time. Will try again tommorow to see if its a fluke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been drinking this stuff for about... wow... almost 7 years now. It is probably to only energy drink that doesn't make me feel like I am going into an anxiety attack. Monster and Red Bull seem to make me feel like that. I love this drink and recommend it to everyone. I drink it when ever I have 4 hours between a closing shift and opening shift at work.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!