Thursday, April 28, 2011

Monster Rehab Energy Review

                                            

I was pretty excited to give this drink a try, I've had all of the Rockstar Recovery flavors in the past and it looks like 2011 is shaping up to be the year of energy drinks that also provide hydration. In my opinion, it's a great concept and since these energy and hydration drinks aren't carbonated, it opens up a lot more options flavor wise. Monster has never really been my favorite commercial energy drink company, but that doesn't mean they're bad at all. Even though I usually pick up a Rockstar drink when I go to the store, Monster drinks are pretty good too. When I went the store with the intent of finally picking up a Rehab, I was really glad when they were on sale for 3/$5. That's a pretty good deal but it's most likely just an introductory offer.

The Can:
The can design looks really nice, I like the all black top on the can and I think they picked a nice color scheme. It's a really great design that stands out, they didn't really overdo it in my opinion and it looks just right.

The Drink:
This drink is a lemonade and tea flavor, which are two of my favorites drinks besides energy drinks. Open opening up the drink and taking a sip, the flavor was really nice. What's interesing is this drink isn't a 50/50 mix of both flavors, it's more like 3/4 lemonade with the rest of the flavor being tea. I think they did a good job with the flavor, it's not overpowering by any means and it tastes great. The tea makes for an awesome background flavor, it's really satisfying and enjoyable.

The Buzz:
In the past, most Monster drinks I've had provided a pretty good energy buzz, and the energy blend for this drink is interesting. The energy blend is 3207.5mg (original Monster is 2500mg). It contains Glucose, Black Tea Extract, Caffeine, Concentrated Coconut Water, Quercertin, L-Carnitine, Glucoronolactone, Guarana, Inositol, Acai Extract, Goji Berry Extract and Mangosteen Extract. There's also 1000mg of Taurine and 200mg of Panax Ginseng. It's an interesting blend and I was interested to see how it would work. About 10 minutes after drinking it, I noticed a pretty noticeable energy buzz that was pretty much above average and more. It was a pretty enjoyable energy buzz and I think they did a great job with it also.

I usually enjoy making fun of the text on the back of Monster cans and claiming that Monster is overrated, but this drink really is unique and enjoyable, pick one up and try it for yourself as soon as possible.

1 comment:

  1. My brother had told me about this one and also bought me one and I thought I would give it a try. I ended up liking it even though I do not like lemonade it was really good. I agree also with the review of this energy drink.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!