Sunday, April 3, 2011

Xtra Energy Shot Grape Review

When I walked into my local Dollar General store, not only had they restocked on Xtra energy shots, but there was also a new flavor that wasn't there before, which is this. The other two Xtra shots I had before this weren't bad and did what they were created to do, provide energy.






The Bottle:
The design is pretty much the same as the other Xtra shots except the background is purple, which you would expect from a grape flavored drink. While the design isn't the greatest, it's not half bad either and it looks fine. I always prefer a nice design on a product, but it's really the drink itself that counts.

The Shot:
Open cracking it open, it smells a lot like any grape drink would. I quickly swigged it down and was somewhat surprised by the taste. It actually tasted pretty good, it was a lot like grape kool-aid and there really wasn't a horrible aftertaste. Since I've now had all three flavors of the Xtra shots (at least to my knowledge) I can easily say that grape is my favorite and orange is my least favorite.

The Buzz:
As expected, the nice potent energy buzz I've experienced twice before kicked in pretty soon after I drank it. It lasted for about 4 1/2 hours or so before it started to wear off, I didn't crash though and I never really have from an energy drink or shot.

If you want a decent tasting grape flavored energy shot for only $1, find one of these and give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!