Monday, May 30, 2011

AZ Energy Review

Arizona Tea is awesome, for only 99 cents, sometimes 85 cents, you get a huge can full of great tasting tea. Each variety of their tea is pretty good and I've had just about all of them at one time or another. Not surprisingly, Arizona also has a few energy drink offerings also. After some searching, I finally found this drink after only seeing the low-carb version at a Dollar Tree in the past. Unlike another Arizona drink I reviewed before, this is more of a "standard" energy drink because it contains ingredients like Caffeine and Taurine.





The Can:
I like this drink's can design a lot, they did a good job with the graffiti theme and the black and white background helps the green stand out. It's an overall nice design and doesn't look that bad.

The Taste:
Since Arizona is a tea company, I assumed that this drink would taste like tea. Upon opening up the can and drinking some, it did. It tasted a lot like tea with a slight energy drink "bite" to the taste and any fan of tea would undoubtedly like this. There are a few odd background flavors that I can't quite pinpoint, but it tastes mostly like tea.

The Buzz:
The back of the can says that this drink contains 10% juice and it also actually lists all of the ingredients in the drink. AZ contains 12.8 grams of Glucose, 1000 mg of Taurine, 100 mg of Caffeine, 100 mg of L-Carnitine, 100 mg of Panax Ginseng Extract, 100 mg of Inositol, 100 mg of Guarana, 100 mg of Glucoronolactone and 35 mg of Milk Thistle. That's not a bad blend, and I expected a pretty good buzz from this drink. I had to walk about 20-25 minutes to get this drink and decided to drink it when I was about halfway home. By the time I was home, I had an above average buzz that was pretty enjoyable.

This drink provided like I thought it would, the buzz lasted a few hours and since I love tea I'll probably be picking this one up again in the future.

6 comments:

  1. definitely worth it for the price! Pretty decent buzz....

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely worth it for the price! Pretty decent buzz....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best deal and taste for energy drinks I think. I like the low carbonation and ingredient profile, plus its only a buck at 99 cents stores! I've been drinking daily for several months now. I think I am going to try and break the cycle though for a bit as I have built up a tolerance to them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best deal and taste for energy drinks I think. I like the low carbonation and ingredient profile, plus its only a buck at 99 cents stores! I've been drinking daily for several months now. I think I am going to try and break the cycle though for a bit as I have built up a tolerance to them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arizona energy drink is quite disgusting...i was so disappointed. don't expect it to taste like their ice tea or any ice tea for that matter, cause it doesn't. it has a weird flavor that i have never tasted before in their ice tea or in any other energy drink. Unfortunately i bought two of them, wish i didn't, couldn't get through the first one. The second is waiting in my fridge for an unsuspecting victim to take it...i would never offer it to another being. overall i rate it a 1 only because i was thirsty when i drank it. definitely not worth a buck because you will be paying for other ingredients to mask its flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to using energy drinks. I've been working two jobs and on the go lately, so I tried a couple of the major brands, one of which I liked, but the price is almost $2/can. I read over the ingredients on AZ low carb drinks and thought I would give it a try. I got some at the 99 cents only store, went back bought a couple more cans, the next time I was there, it was almost gone, I bought the last ten cans. This seems to work, quenches thirst, plus gives you an energy boost without drinking coffee or extra sugar. I hope they can keep the price down, as it is a good product comparable to the other major brands as Rockstar and Monster.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!