Sunday, May 1, 2011

Jolt Wired Grape Energy Review

                                   
When it comes to energy drinks, the Jolt company definitely knows what they're doing. They've been around for a really long time and pretty much invented energy drinks when they introduced their energy cola in 1986. Recently, the Jolt company unfortunately fell on hard times and discontinued their popular line of huge battery cans. Thankfully, they're back in business and have introduced four flavors in 16 oz. cans. I've already reviewed two so far (Blue Bolt and Power Cola) and since grape drinks are always fun to review, I decided to pick this one up and give it a try.


The Can:
Overall, I like the can design of the Jolt 16 oz. cans. They don't include a bunch of stupid information and to me it's just about right. The design on the can isn't shrink wrapped and it's the type of quality you'd expect from a company that's been around for so long.

The Drink:
Grape flavors are often unpredictable, so when I cracked the can open I didn't know what to expect. Jolt energy's website says that this drink is "the best tasting grape energy drink", so I was expecting something good. Upon taking a sip, the drink did taste pretty good. It was pretty much like a mix between what a grape Tootsie-Pop tastes like (I use Tootsie-Pop comparisons a lot with energy drinks, but it's true) and actual grape juice. It actually tasted like grape candy of some sort, just like how the Blue Bolt variety tastes like a blue Jolly Rancher. It was a really enjoyable taste, but I've had so many different grape drinks, it's hard to say if this is the best. Still, it's a great flavor that I enjoyed.

The Buzz:
Jolt drinks I've had in the past have provided above average energy, I assumed they would the first time I had one due to the thorough list of energy providing ingredients on the top of the can. I finished this drink pretty fast, and not too long after that same awesome energy buzz I've had before crept up on me. What I enjoy about these drinks is the perfect energy buzz when you just want some energy, it's not like they provide no energy and it's not like you'll be fearing for your life after you drink one. It's a strong buzz, but it's just right. It's perfect when I just want a good pick up from an energy drink. Still, Jolt contains 140mg of caffeine while a lot of other drinks have 120mg of caffeine. A 12oz. can contains 1400mg of Taurine, 20mg of Guarana (my favorite energy drink ingredient for some reason), 20mg of Ginseng and 7mg of Vitamin B6. That's an impressive blend, and Jolt provides an impressive above average buzz.

All in all, if you can find any of Jolt's 12oz. or 16oz. cans (I always see the 16oz. cans), then pick one up without any hesitation, I really like these drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!