Saturday, May 28, 2011

Loop Energy Review

I found this unusual drink sitting on a shelf at my local K-Mart store, which has pretty much been empty most of the time since they built a Wal-Mart right down the street. I went to K-Mart pretty much on the lookout for any odd energy drinks I could find, and the trip did not disappoint.








The Can:
As you can see, the can design is pretty funny looking. The logo is so generic looking and doesn't pop at all, it looks like they used colors from Microsoft Paint to design it. Still, it's a cheap drink from K-Mart and it's the drink itself that counts I guess.

The Drink:
Upon opening it and drinking some, it was pretty much what I expected. It reminded me a lot of Aftershock and Max-E-Rush, they're not all the same drink but they taste a lot like Red Bull with something slightly different. As for this drink, it had a slightly stronger taste and didn't quite go down as smooth. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't very unique either. I drank it fairly quickly and since it was early in the morning I was eager to see what the buzz would be like.

The Buzz:
The energy ingredients on the back of the can aren't listed individually with how much of each , which isn't exactly unusual for any energy drink. Still, I didn't quite know what to expect. Soon after finishing the drink, an average buzz kind of creeped up on me. I wasn't hit all at once with a huge buzz and I wasn't really met with no buzz at all. It was somewhere in the middle and that's about it. It wasn't amazing, I've actually had better for around the same price.

I can't really say that this drink wasn't worth what I paid for it, it's a weird drink and I'd recommend it for that reason, don't pick it up expecting something amazing though.

1 comment:

  1. The dominant flavor is ginseng, which you taste right away. After swallowing, there is a slight apple pie taste. It finishes with a slight vanilla flavor. Not bad, but somewhat too sweet. Could do better with a hint of citrus to offset the lingering ginseng taste it leaves in the mouth.

    Not the best out there, but I've had worse.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!