Monday, May 2, 2011

Monster Dub Edition Energy Review

                           

It's been awhile since I've actually had the original Monster drink, every Monster drink I've had since has either been juice, nitrous infused or an unusual concentrate in a glass bottle. I picked up this drink for no real reason except for that the can caught my eye. This drink came out last year a little while before I started this site, and now I'm finally getting around to reviewing it. It's even available in the "BFC" size, I personally chose to pick it up and review in a smaller sized can because if it tasted bad I didn't want to waste a bunch of it.








The Can:
Surpisingly for Monster, this can actually isn't full of a lot of odd info and a strange statements of how good the drink is and how they came up with it. There are a few sentences to get the drinker's attention, but it didn't mention a lot about flavor or anything. Still, just about anybody could tell that this is a grape flavored drink from the colors of the can. I highly doubt that they'd put an orange flavored drink in a black and purple can.

The Drink:
This is one of those Monster cans with the resealable lids, so after I opened it and took a sip, my taste buds were met with a pleasant surprise. Like I said, it's been awhile since I've had an original Monster or even an original Monster knock-off, but I was instantly reminded of what they taste like after I took a sip of this. This drink has that same aftertaste that the original Monster does with a nice grape flavor added on to the initial taste. It's a good taste that I definitely recommend over the Mixx'd variety of Monster without a doubt. It was nice and for a grape fan like me it was even better.

The Buzz:
I picked up this drink in the 18.6 oz. can, and due to the resealable lid which makes it harder to take big gulps of the drink it took me a little longer than usual to finish. Not very long after I finished the drink, I got a pretty noticeable energy buzz that lasted for what I consider the standard 2.5/3 hours that the average energy drink should. It wore off eventually, but the buzz got me going again after a long day.

This drink does it's job and tastes pretty good, if you're a fan of the original Monster and like grape drinks, this is a great drink that you should try out.

1 comment:

  1. It tastes more like strawberry grape to me.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!