Sunday, May 8, 2011

Monster Import Energy Review

Monster Import comes in a can just like the one that Dub Edition comes in. It's a nice design although I don't know if I'm really a fan of the resealable top or not. It's cool but I don't like how not much of the actual drink comes out when you take a drink. I usually drink my energy drinks pretty fast, but it's hard to do with one of these drinks. Still, it's a cool addition and I think Monster did a good job making up something unique for their cans. Actually, the back of the can says that Monster saw the resealable can thing over in Europe, they heard it was only available in Europe, but then they said "B.S., we gotta have it!".


The Can:
The can design is very reminiscent of the original Monster and it's pretty obvious that that's what this drink is most likely going to taste like. As I said, it's a nice looking can and it fits the Monster line nicely.

The Drink:
Open twisting open the resealable top and taking a sip, that's pretty much what it is. That's really all it is actually, but with the reseable top it tastes a little smoother. Monster drinks are much better when they're cold, this drink was ice cold when I had it and that's really all I noted to be different. You can't get as much liquid out of a sip and so it tastes smoother. The only "real" difference between this and the original Monster is the addition of Sucralose as an ingredient. It's not really a totally different flavor at all, but if you like the bigger and resealable can then you should probably pick this up instead of regular Monster.

The Drink:
This drink's energy blend contains L-Carnitine, Glucose, Caffeine, Guarana, Inositol, Glucuronolactone and Maltodextrin. There's also 1000 mg of Taurine and 200 mg of Panax Ginseng. I had this drink early yesterday morning and it definitely woke me up. I felt an effect from this drink before I even finished it. Once I finished it I experienced a nice energy buzz that got me going for the day. It mellowed out after about 3 1/2 hours and I didn't "crash" or anything, it just wore off.

This wasn't a bad drink, but it costs $3. I don't always feel like paying that much for a drink and you probably don't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!