Friday, May 6, 2011

Monster Nitrous Killer-B Energy Review

                                      
I've been raiding my local grocery store's Monster shelf lately for Monster drinks I haven't tried yet for some reason, so I decided to pick up another Nitrous variety of Monster and try it out. The first two Nitrous drinks I had weren't horrible, but they weren't the best either. This drink was actually my second energy drink of the day, I had a Full Throttle earlier. I've never really cared for those that much though and I don't know why I picked it up in the first place.





The Bottle:
I like the design of this drink, it's not bad and it reminds me of the old Jolt cans. I wish that the bottles/cans/liquid containers were bigger though, they're only 12 oz. compared to the standard 16 oz. that a lot of energy drinks come in. Judging by the color of the can, I pretty much figured that the flavor would have something to do with lemon.

The Drink:
Open twisting open the can and hearing that familiar "pop" you get from these type of cans, I took a sip and noticed a mixed citrus flavor, it's hard to place but there's definitely lemon in there somewhere. It's pretty sour and doesn't resemble the original Monster at all. It's hard to describe, but these Nitrous drinks seem to have some sort of odd texture to them, it's very light and smooth.

The Buzz:
The energy blend for this drink contained 5000 mg, compared to the 2500 mg in the original Monster. The blend contains Glucose, L-Carnitine, Caffeine, Glucoronolactone, Guarana, Inositol, Bee Pollen (I'm not making that up), Royal Jelly and Maltodextrin. Why bee pollen is in the drink, I have no idea, but it does explain the name of the drink. I took a few sips of this drink before dinner and finished it afterwards, not long after I was hit with an energy buzz that was pretty enjoyable. It woke me up and I didn't feel tired at all. It wasn't extremely mellow and it wasn't just plain extreme, it was above average but it wasn't crazy. Still, it got the job done.

If you feel like paying the expensive price for this drink and like citrus flavors, I recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!