Sunday, May 29, 2011

NOS Charged Citrus Energy Review

I finally found this drink after looking for it since it came out a few months ago, it was in a cooler at a store that I've only been to a few times before. I've heard that this drink tastes somewhat like soda and after looking for it and finally finding it after awhile I was pretty excited to try it. Even though I like drinking more hard to find drinks, I still appreciate it when a more commercial brand puts out a new drink.






The Can:
The can design is pretty vibrant and looks good, NOS can designs are pretty simple. They all look pretty much the same with the exception of the background color fitted to the flavor of drink.

The Drink:
It was hard for me to predict the flavor of the drink, but upon opening it and taking a sip I loved the taste. It tasted a lot like "white pop" (7 Up, Sprite etc.). It kind of reminded me of Bawls, a drink I haven't had since 2006 or 2007, it was actually the first or second energy drink I ever had and as soon as I can find some more Bawls I'll review it. My brother used to go to LAN parties at his school and brought some home sometimes. Anyway, this drink was fairly reminiscent of soda and was a far cry from the usually strange flavors that a lot of energy drinks are. It kind of tasted like ginger-ale towards the end of the can and it was really good. It didn't taste anything like the original NOS and wasn't extremely fruity like the other flavors. I really enjoyed the simplicity of the flavor and would recommend it to anybody who has said that energy drinks taste horrible in the past.

The Buzz:
NOS drinks boast a pretty nice energy blend, this one contains 260 mg  of caffeine, B vitamins, 2000 mg of Taurine and L Theanine. Not long after finishing it I felt a nice energy buzz which was kind of weird coming from a drink that tastes like this one does. The buzz mellowed after about 3 1/2 hours for me, it wasn't spectacular but it wasn't bad.

The flavor was really great and I think that they did an awesome job with it, if you're a fan of "white pop" I recommend it.

1 comment:

Share your comments here!