Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rip It A'Tomic Pom Energy Review

Although I've been drinking energy drinks for a long time, and I've had a lot of Rip It drinks in the past, I finally got to try this flavor for the first time yesterday. For some reason I could never find this flavor, not even at stores that had all the other ones. I finally found it in a store that I'd never been to before yesterday and was really excited to try it after all this time.




The Can:
This drink's can design is outstanding, they did a really great job with this one.  I really like the darker red, the can may be hard to distinguish from another certain variety of Rip It in the cooler due to the similar colors, but I really like the way it's a darker red like a pomegranate.

The Drink:
I didn't know exactly what to expect flavor-wise, Rip It drinks typically have somewhat unique flavors. A'Tomic Pom obviously has a pomegranate flavor, but it's not nearly as strong as I thought it would be. The pomegranate flavor isn't overpowering at all, it's a pretty subtle flavor in general but it's not bad. In my opinion, a more strong pomegranate flavor would make the drink taste kind of thick. The flavor was also slightly sour, it wasn't very strong either but made the drink more enjoyable for me.

The Buzz:
Energy wise, there are 208 milligrams of caffeine and 2000 milligrams of Taurine, which together provide a pretty decent lift in energy. The flavor was good so I drank this fairly fast, I didn't shotgun it or anything but I didn't exactly take my time either. Not long after finishing it I felt a really noticable energy buzz, which always seems to happen with Rip It drinks for some reason. I had to cut some grass afterwards and drinking this helped me out, I also had about 2 1/2 hours of solid energy afterwards. For 99 cents, all of the Rip It drinks are great. I noticed on the Rip It website that there are 3 new flavors coming out, one is called 3 Way and the other is called Red Zone, they haven't released any info on the third one yet. I asked when they would be available on the Rip It Facebook page and was told they would be out in "early May" (this was in April), but I haven't seen or heard about them being anywhere yet.

Either way, I look forward to trying new Rip It flavors and would highly recommend this drink to any pomegranate fan looking for a pretty good energy drink at a great value.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!