Saturday, May 28, 2011

Venom Mojave Rattler Energy Review

I've had two other Venom drinks in the past, Venom drinks are made by Dr. Pepper and come in interesting aluminum bottles. As one can tell by looking at the bottle, they put a lot of effort into it. I picked up this drink about a week ago at K-Mart along with two of K-Mart's "Loop" energy drinks. I remember being unimpressed with the "Black Mamba" variety of Venom because it was a Red Bull clone and being pretty satisfied with the "Death Adder" variety, I was looking forward to trying this drink and seeing what it was like.





The Bottle:
The bottle design is pretty impressive and it's nice to look at. "Mojave Rattler" is an odd name for an energy drink but fits in nicely with the Venom brand name. This is Venom's "low carb" offering, low carb drinks have never been that bad in the past so I was somewhat excited to try this.

The Drink:
When I opened it and drank some, it wasn't bad at all. The placebo effect could make one expect this to be grape flavored , but it really isn't. It's not a purple drink, it's actually supposed to be the low carb form of the Black Mamba variety. I had and reviewed the Black Mamba variety awhile ago, as far as I can remember it was pretty much a red bull clone. I still noticed a small grape flavor in the taste, whether it was intentional or if I just expected grape since the bottle was purple, I don't know (If you've ever had "Superman" ice cream. it's just vanilla ice cream with artificial coloring in it, there's actually no fruit flavors whatsoever, your brain thinks so because that's what you've come to expect, which is called the placebo effect). It wasn't a bad taste, much like the "Nitrous" varieties of Monster, for some reason low carb drinks seem to leave a slight airy test in your mouth, it's weird and you've have to drink one to understand what I mean.  Still, it was easy to drink and most people would probably enjoy it. I still wish that Dr. Pepper would have gone the extra mile and made completely original flavors though.

The Buzz:
This drink did provide the good energy buzz that I hoped for, it wasn't extremely strong but it wasn't bad at all. It was pretty much what you expect from any good energy drink. It lasted for a few hours and didn't really make me "crash".

All in all, for being a low carb drink. it wasn't bad. If you can find this drink somewhere, I'd give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!