Thursday, June 2, 2011

Full Throttle Red Berry Energy Review

I haven't had a Full Throttle drink and I haven't even thought about picking up another Full Throttle drink since I reviewed two varieties of Full Throttle a few months ago. Honestly, I almost forgot that Full Throttle existed until I saw this. This drink has been out ever since Full Throttle "changed their image" a few years ago, but upon some research I read that this drink is supposedly more hard to find compared to the other ones. That probably depends on where you live. I found this drink in a cooler at a store that I've been to once before, but somehow I didn't see it the last time I was there.





The Can:
Full Throttle's cans aren't that bad looking, I like the particular red they used for this one and the can't isn't too cluttered, which works well. There's some nonsense on the back about Full Throttle's "No Choke Formula", which is really just a mediocre energy blend. I remember the original Full Throttle tasting kind of odd and the Blue Agave variety having a strange aftertaste, so I really had no idea what this one would be like. Since it's called "Red Berry", I didn't know which red colored berry it was supposed to taste like, I figured it would be some strange tasting mixture.

The Taste:
I opened it up and before I could drink some I noticed a very medicinal smell coming from the drink, it actually kind of looks like medicine too. I drank some anyway, and thankfully it didn't really taste like medicine. It's without a doubt the best tasting Full Throttle drink I've had, which doesn't say much because it's not that hard to make a better tasting drink than the original Full Throttle. It was sort of a mix between strawberry and raspberry flavors and there was still a faint "red pop" aftertaste from the drink. It wasn't horrible, it sort of tasted like a red lollipop too. I'd easily recommend this over the original Full Throttle or even the Blue Agave Full Throttle, it's a lot better in my opinion.

The Buzz:
The "No-Choke Formula" contains 200 % Niacin, 200 % Vitamin B6, 200 % Vitamin B12, 50 % Pantothenic acid and 197 mg of Caffeine. In other words, the energy blend contains 197 milligrams of caffeine. That's not a bad number but it's not anything unusual either. I've said in the past that Full Throttle is a light energy drink, and it is. The buzz this drink provided was noticeable, but not extremely strong at all. It was definitely there, it lasted a few hours and wore off. For somebody like me who loves a lot of energy, this drink didn't quite cut it.

Still, for somebody working all day this drink could be a decent alternative to an energy shot. I would definitely recommend this flavor over any other Full Throttle drink out there, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!