Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hydrive E Energy Review

I discovered the Hydrive brand about a week ago, there's actually been a cooler full of them at a store I go to often for awhile, but I never took the time to look at them and realize that they're energy drinks, I just figured that they were regular sports drinks. There are several flavors and I decided to pick up the Lemon Lime flavor first for a review. Lemon Lime is a flavor that just about every sports drink brand has and it's also a flavor that is somewhat synonomous with sports drinks. So, since this drink is marketed towards athletes it's natural and makes sense to have a lemon lime flavor.



The Bottle:
As you can see, Hydrive drinks come in nice resealable bottles. I like the shape of the bottles and the overall design, you can definitely tell that this is marketed as a sports drinks and energy drink due to to the Gatorade-like bottle. The "E" in the name stands for Electrolyte Formula. Rockstar Recovery and Monster Rehab both contain similiar ingredients to this but I can definitely see this being more popular due to the resealable bottle with athletes. People riding bikes or jogging definitely would want a resealable bottle because it's easier to hang on to and the drink won't be spilling everywhere as you move.

The Drink:
Lemon lime is a popular Gatorade flavor, I haven't had Gatorade for awhile but I have had the lemon lime flavor before, it's not my favorite flavor but it's not that bad either. Upon twisting upon the bottle and taking a sip, the flavor is pretty similar to Gatorade's lemon lime flavor, but it's better. It tastes a lot more clean and smooth in my opinion, the flavor similarity is pretty much spot on, but the overall texture this drink leaves in your mouth is better. This drink was refreshing and tasted pretty good, I enjoyed it. I finished the bottle fairly fast and didn't quite know what to expect energy wise.

The Buzz:
This drink contains 145 mg of Caffeine, 50 mg of Taurine, 25 mg of L-Carnitine and 25 mg of L-Arginine. The caffeine content of this drink is higher than a regular soda, if I remember right a bottle of Mountain Dew contains 90 mg of caffeine. With 50 mg of Taurine plus the other ingredients, this drink definitely woke me up. This drink doesn't contain a massive amount of energy ingredients, but it contains enough to provide an above average energy buzz. I started to feel an above average energy buzz not long after finishing this drink and I also felt refreshed and hydrated since I was pretty tired when I drank this.

I'd definitely recommend this drink to any athlete looking for a little pick up and some great hydration before or after a game, it's not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!