Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hydrive A Energy Review

Kiwi Strawberry is a flavor that seems to always catch my eye when I see it somewhere, probably because it isn't extremely common. Hydrive has a lot of flavor varieties and as I've said a few times before each one is supposed to do something else along with providing energy. The "A" in this drink's name stands for "Alertness Formula", several energy drinks make me more alert without boasting an alertness formula so I was excited to see what this one would be like. So far I've really enjoyed the smoothness of Hydrive drinks and the nice energy buzzes they provide. Let's see how the A variety can stack up with the other Hydrive drinks I've had before.



The Bottle:
Although the short paragraph on the back of other Hydrive varieties has been pretty funny, this one without a doubt takes the cake:

"Why should you stay alert? So people don't pick your pocket or steal your sneakers. Hydrive A will keep you protected. Hydrive- The healthier way to re-energize."

I don't know if they do it on purpose, but with me being a big fan of comedians like Mitch Hedberg (R.I.P.) and Steven Wright those short paragraphs are hilarious to me. I'm not always 100% alert, yet somehow my sneakers have remained completely intact. Since Hydrive A supposedly helps prevent this unfortunate accident, I'm assuming that my sneakers remaining in place has been a miracle up to this point. Most of the time I have a few things in my pocket, but to my knowledge none of them have been "picked" before. Since Hydrive has my back, I guess there is no need to worry from now on.

The Drink:
Anyway, upon twisting open the nicely designed bottle and drinking some, the flavor was a very nice change from all the soda I've been drinking due to where I'm staying for the first half of the Summer and the limited availability of energy drinks there. While most people are familiar with what a blueberry or cherry or grape flavored drink tastes like, kiwi strawberry isn't extremely common so it sort of flies under the radar. Personally I haven't had many kiwi strawberry drinks before, and I don't think I've had any kiwi-strawberry flavored energy drinks prior to this one. I have had some strawberry ones though and I can definitely say that the flavor is more 80% kiwi and 20% strawberry. The flavor texture isn't very different from the other Hydrive drinks, it's very light and smooth. The kiwi made for a nice change and the strawberry made for a nice background flavor. It's really easy to drink and I don't see why anybody wouldn't like it.

The Buzz:
The Alertness formula contains Guarana, Panax Ginseng, Vitamins B3, B5, B6 and B12. The overall Proprietary Blend including the energy ingredients contains 145 mg of Caffeine, 50 mg of Taurine, 25 mg of L-Arginine, 5 mg of Panax Ginseng and 5 mg of Guarana. As you can see, that's not a bad blend at all. About 10 minutes after finishing the drink I began to feel more alert and energized, the buzz didn't really seem to mellow out, I just felt genuinely better through the day.

Honestly, there's no real reason not to try this drink. It tastes great and provides noticeable energy, what more could you possibly want?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!