Monday, June 6, 2011

Hydrive R Energy Review

Hydrive R is Hydrive's grape flavored drink. E, the Hydrive variety I had before this wasn't too bad and since I usually like grape flavored drinks I was excited to try this flavor. Hydrive is a nice switch from the unusual tasting, syrupy, carbonated energy drinks that I drink a lot. They keep their flavors smooth which is nice and the Hydrive I had before this was pretty good. No matter how much you love drinks like Monster or Rockstar, you have to admit that they get pretty old after a little while. So, I was excited to open this bottle of Hydrive and see what the grape flavor was like and what kind of buzz it would provide.



The Bottle:
Hydrive R comes in a bottle just like all of the other Hydrive flavors, the description on the back of the bottle is unusual:

"When do you need a recovery? Usually after a severe economic downturn or when you party too hardy. You always recover quicker with Hydrive. Hydrive- The healthier way to re-energize."

For some reason I think that's funny, unfortunately I didn't party too hardy before drinking this. I just felt like drinking a new energy drink and reviewing it. Anyway, Hydrive R is supposed to help you Recover from a hangover or anything you might want to recover from after partying in a hardy fashion.

The Drink:
Unlike Hydrive E, there's some Aloe Vera and Acai in this drink's blend. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, so I just twisted it open and drank some. The drink does have a definite grape flavor, I don't mean to quote Dave Chappelle or anything, but this stuff tastes exactly like "grape drink", not Kool-Aid but the actual grape liquid that comes in a clear gallon jug that's says "grape drink" on the label, if you're not familiar with that it tastes kind of like a grape popsicle. It's a pretty tasty grape flavor, it also tasted smooth like Hydrive E did. The bottle was easy to finish and I drank it pretty fast, the drink also seems to leave a faint grape aftertaste in your mouth.

The Buzz:
This drink contains 145 mg of caffeine, 50 mg of Taurine, 50 mg of Aloe Vera, 25 mg of L-Carnitine, 25 mg of L-Arginine and 3 mg of Acai extract.  Like I said before, I wasn't hungover and I didn't "party hardy" before drinking this, but the decent amount of caffeine with all of the other ingredients did provide a nice energy buzz that wasn't bad.

I'd recommend this drink to any alcoholic or "casual" drinker after a long night of sitting on the living room couch or partying hard, it's not bad and it's not very expensive either, I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!