Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hydrive S Energy Review

Hydrive S is Hydrive's blue raspberry offering, blue oriented flavors are somewhat rare in energy drinks, at least commonly found ones. As I've said before, Hydrive bottles look pretty good, the "S" stands for "Strength Formula" and I like how all of the Hydrive drinks supposedly do something different along with providing energy. Hydrive is a unique brand with pretty good drinks, the resealable bottle is nice and I hope the product catches on with athletes and people that really like resealable bottles. Blue has always been one of my favorite colors and blue drinks always make me thirsty for some reason so I was excited to try out this drink.




The Bottle:
Just like with the R variety of Hydrive, the description on the back of this bottle is pretty funny:

"What is a performance enhancer? It's the stuff that can keep you going all day and all night long. Hydrive S will make you the envy of all your friends. Hydrive- The healthier way to re-energize."

Unfortunately I was by myself when I bought this and drank it so I didn't get to see if my friends got really jealous. I don't see why this drink would make me the envy of all my friends, if they want one all they have to do is go to the store and get one, it's a pretty simple process.

The Drink:
Anyway, the flavor of the drink sounded pretty good so I was looking forward to opening it up and drinking some. After drinking some, I can safely say that this drink met my expectations and then some, it was really tasty. The flavor has the same texture as the other Hydrive flavors, it's really smooth and leaves a popsicle-like aftertaste in your mouth. As for the blue raspberry flavor, it tastes the same as blue Gatorade, but since the textures of the drink are pretty different don't expect them to be the same drink.

The Buzz:
The "strength formula" of this drink contains Vitamin B12, Maca Root, Gingko Biloba, D-Ribose and L-Leucine. The overall proprietary blend including the energy ingredients contains 145 mg of Caffeine, 50 mg of Taurine, 25 mg of L-Carnitine, 25 mg of L-Arginine, 5 mg of L-Leucine, 5 mg of D-Ribose, 5 mg of Maca Root Extract and 5 mg of Gingko Biloba. I always practically chug Hydrive drinks since I have to go on a bike ride to get them and by the time I'm home I'm pretty thirsty, about 10 minutes after finishing the drink quickly I was met with an above average energy buzz which I've come to expect from these Hydrive drinks. The energy buzz really gets the job done and gives you the energy you're looking for and the flavor is really great.

With the wide variety of Hydrive flavors, there's bound to be something for everybody. If you like blue raspberry flavors and are looking for some energy, I highly recommend this drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!