Monday, June 27, 2011

Rockstar Energy Cola Review

I've been wanting to review this drink for a long time, prior to drinking the can that I'll be reviewing I'd only had Rockstar Energy Cola once before, which was over a year ago. I found it again at a Circle K, I originally got it out of a vending machine from a Save-A-Lot, the vending machine at that Save-A-Lot doesn't have Rockstar Energy Cola in it anymore so I was out of luck until I saw it at Circle K.




The Can:
Rockstar Energy Cola's can is perfect, I really like the all black design and the way the can was put together, it looks as good if not better than the original Rockstar and it's pretty fitting for a drink of it's kind. Even the top of the can is all black, the can is stylish and look's pretty nice. Rockstar, like a lot of companies, has redesigned their cans at one point or another and Rockstar Energy Cola used to be in a red can.

The Drink:
When I opened the can I smelled cola, which is a good thing. It smells like Pepsi to me and upon taking a sip that's also what it tastes like, but with a lot more "bite" to the taste and a different aftertaste in general. The strong bite and aftertaste pretty much make you forget about the Pepsi flavor and the drink pretty much develops a flavor of it's own. For any fan of cola out there, I recommend this drink and I don't see why anybody wouldn't like it. Drinks like the original Rockstar, the original Monster, Red Bull and 90% of every other energy drink out there have an odd but good taste and if you can drink one of those you should have no problem enjoying an energy cola. The flavor is simple yet familar which is why I really enjoy it.

The Buzz:
Rockstar drinks usually have pretty big energy blends and provide good energy. This drink's blend contains 1000 mg of Taurine, 150 mg of Gingko Biloba Leaf Extract, 80 mg of Caffeine, 25 mg of Guarana, 25 mg of Inositol, 25 mg of L-Carnitine, 25 mg of Panax Ginseng Root Extract and 20 mg of Milk Thistle Extract. Not long after finishing the drink I felt a nice and enjoyable energy buzz that really woke me up, Rockstar knows what they're doing and I never really have to hope that I'll get an energy buzz from one of their drinks. The buzz lasted a few hours before mellowing out without making me crash.

Overall, any fan of cola would enjoy this drink due to it's nice cola flavor and with the nice energy blend and buzz, you can't go wrong.

2 comments:

  1. why why stop no more rockstar energy cola drink any where store i like one rockstar energy cola drink thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the Cola, but I like real soda colas better. trufully, I like Monster Cuba Lima better, even though I like all Rocostar drinks better than anything else, and I like NOS too. Keep up the great reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!