Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Slap Crisp Apple Energy Review

I remember seeing the Slap line of drinks at Wal-Mart a few months ago but sort of forgot about them until earlier. I saw these drinks again towards the back of the store in 12 packs, which are unusual for energy drinks, with the single cans on their own shelf. I picked up all three and was eager to try them since I'd never had any Slap drinks before. This one is a "Crisp Apple" flavor and it is also a Green Tea flavor, the two together make for an interesting combination.





The Can:
For only being 98 cents, the can design isn't horrible. The white, black, silver and green all make for an interesting enough looking can and since it's green I can assume that the apple will taste specifically like a green apple.

The Drink:
Upon opening it and drinking some, the apple didn't taste at all like apple flavored liquids usually do, meaning it tasted nothing like apple juice. It tasted like that crisp and refreshing aftertaste you get in your mouth after you bite into an apple. The green tea background flavor was barely noticeable and I could really only notice it towards the end of the can. I would mainly think of this drink as being apple flavored and just skip the whole green tea part as the green tea doesn't play an extremely important role in the taste at all. It did taste like more of a green apple, but it's hard for me to describe.

The Buzz:
This drink contains over 200 mg of caffeine, which is pretty impressive. It's not a huge amount, but it's above average. There's Taurine, along with some other long-named ingredients that probably don't play an extremely important role in the energy and I really don't feel like typing at this present time, too. I took my time with this drink because I wanted to savor the flavor, I haven't drank them yet but I hope that the other Slap drinks taste as good. I was met with an impressive energy buzz, when I thought the drink was wearing off after about 2 hours I drank a can of Mountain Dew, which was a mistake because then I had what I call an "aggravated buzz", which is when you feel kind of irritable and hungover, like when you have too many cups of coffee.

Still, this drink did provide an impressive late-afternoon energy buzz. and with two more Slap flavors left to try, I can say that the trip to Wal-Mart was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!