Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Xyience Blu Pom Energy Review

I've had an Xyience drink in the past and it was good but I really wish that my local Circle K would carry Xyience drinks other than the sugar free ones. There's nothing wrong with sugar free drinks, I'd just rather have a regular one. Xyience is the official energy drink of the UFC, I don't watch UFC and I don't wear "Tapout" clothing but I did enjoy the Xyience drink I had before. Still, I don't think that makes me a die-hard UFC fan. I appreciate the fact that Xyience takes a unique approach with their drinks and they also have original flavors. Xyience is underrated in my opinion and if you ask the typical Monster/Red Bull drinker they've probably never heard of it. Still, I decided to try this variety of Xyience and see what it's like.


The Can:
Xyience's can designs are all nice, the sugar free drinks have a simple and clean can design that I really like. With energy drinks, silver on the can is usually the sign of a sugar-free drink. Appropriately, the drink's can is mostly silver and is sugar free.

The Drink:
I've had drinks with similar flavors to this in the past and pomegranate has always been one of my favorite flavors, I didn't figure that it would taste horrible when I opened it so I decided to take a big drink since I was thirsty. As I predicted, the drink tasted really nice. It tastes just like you would think, it's mostly a pomegranate background with the "blu" being the overlying flavor. It still manages to have a nice bite to the taste and is really refreshing. Honestly, it doesn't taste sugar free and I probably wouldn't think it was if it didn't say so on the can.

The Buzz:
The proprietary blend contains 1,340 mg overall. It contains Taurine, Glucoronolactone, Caffeine, Guarana, Inositol and L-Carnitine. I remember reading that glucoronolactone is what prevents the "crash" that some people experience and that the crash is caused by too much sugar. Since this drink is sugar free, who knows that the glucoronolactone is for. Still, I experienced a nice energy buzz that lasted about 2 1/2 hours.

I highly recommend this drink for anybody trying to stay in shape since it's sugar free or anybody looking for a good energy drink in general, it's not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!