Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bawls Cherry Energy Review

Bawls is an energy drink company that's been around for a long time. My brother used to drink it all the time when I was younger and it used to be widely available around where I live. Eventually, Bawls disappeared from all the nearby stores and I haven't been able to find it anywhere since. In the meantime, Bawls released two new flavors, Cherry and G33k B33r. I bought some Bawls online and today we're going to take a look at the Cherry variety. I picked it up in the 10 oz. glass bottle because it's the design that Bawls is famous for and it is also what I remember Bawls always coming in back in the day.




The Bottle:
The original Bawls comes in a blue bottle and G33k B33r comes in a brown bottle. The Cherry flavor comes in a clear glass bottle, I remember reading that red glass is expensive to use or something which is why it doesn't come in a red bottle. The red cap is a nice touch and even though the bottle is a little plain it looks good. As you can see, the liquid itself is also clear. The red text on the bottle looks good and overall the bottle is nice looking.

The Taste:
Some people say that the original Bawls tastes too plain and bland to enjoy. Simply put, the Cherry variety tastes amazing. It's a really smooth "white pop" (Sprite, Sierra Mist etc.) taste with a really nice and smooth cherry taste to it also. It's really smooth and reminds me of an ice cold soda. The drink has the perfect amount of cherry in my opinion. It's not overpowering and it's not nonexistent, it's just right. It's a very easy to finish drink and it's delicious.

The Buzz:
A 10 oz. bottle of Bawls contains 64 mg of caffeine. 64 is a low number for an energy drink but most people drink several at a time while gaming and drinking a few will definitely wake you up. If you want more caffeine per drink I suggest trying a 16 oz. can of Bawls. Still, I was tired when I drank my one bottle and I did feel a nice little lift from it that got me going for the day.

Bawls Cherry is a delicious drink that has potential to provide a nice and sustained energy buzz. If you like to stay up late playing games like Counterstrike I highly recommend picking up a case or a few bottles. It's delicous, very easy to drink and a nice addition to the Bawls line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!