Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bing Energy Review

It's been a little while since I've seen a new energy drink at the store that I've never heard of, when I saw Bing in the cooler at a Marathon gas station I knew I had to pick it up. Interestingly, Bing comes in a 12 oz. can, I've seen other energy drinks in 12 oz. cans a few times before (Red Bull, for instance) but it's still not the most common can size. A regular can of pop such as RC, Pepsi or Coke comes in a 12 oz. can also but since this can is more slim the can appears to be bigger. Cherries by themselves aren't one of my more favorite things to eat but cherry drinks always catch my attention. I actually recently discovered cherry RC Cola at a grocery store and ever since I've been on the lookout for cherry flavored energy drinks. After a long night of work I picked up a Bing and decided to try it out and see if it actually works.

The Can:
The color scheme of the can gives the drink a more sophisticated look, which works nicely. It's a dark red color with black and gold text that looks pretty good. Energy drinks either tend to go for a dark looking black can or a colorful can, this drink is just about in the middle. The can also has some text on it about how the drink has some health benefits to it also. The flavor of the drink is that of a real Black Bing Cherry, is you don't know what that's like it's not too different from a regular cherry, it's slightly more strong tasting though.

The Taste:
I cracked open the red tab on top of the can and took a sip and I immediately noticed the flavor. I didn't really have to guess around with the flavor like I sometimes do, it tastes like a Black Bing Cherry. When a Black Bing Cherry is translated into liquid form it tastes good and if you've never had the flavor before you'd still probably like it. Nicely enough, the drink also had a small "bite" to the taste that I enjoyed. The drink was very easy to enjoy and I really liked it, they did a nice job creating a unique flavor.

The Buzz:
As for energy, this drink actually lists all of the ingredients on the back. It contains 1000 mg of Taurine, 120 mg of Caffeine, 100 mg of Gingko Biloba Leaf Extract, 100 mg of Ginseng Root Extract. 10 mg of Beta-Glucon, 10 mg of Guarana, 0.01 mg of Acai Extract and 0.01 mg of Flax Seed Extract. That's not a bad blend at all, not long after finishing the drink I experienced a pretty noticeable buzz that lasted for about 3 hours before mellowing out.

Overall, Bing is a unique drink with a nice flavor, a nice blend and a nice buzz. If you can find this drink and are into cherry flavors, I highly recommend this drink, not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!