Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cocaine Mild Energy Review

The only differences between Cocaine and Cocaine Mild are the can and the flavor. Like I said in my Cocaine review, Cocaine has a spicy hot flavor that is really strange. It was drinkable but a lot of people don't like how hot it tastes, that's where Cocaine Mild comes in. Cocaine is supposed to be an initial fruit flavor with the spicy hot being an aftertaste, I couldn't taste any fruit in it at all though. Cocaine Mild is just the fruit flavor without the spicy hot aftertaste. I was looking forward to seeing what fruit flavor they were talking about and seeing which I liked better. Keep in mind that Cocaine and Cocaine Mild contain the same exact amount of energy ingredients, the flavor is the only difference with the drink itself. It's a smart move for them to release a mild drink because people that don't like the original have something else to try and in turn the company just sells more drinks. I like the way Redux Beverages (The company that makes Cocaine) operates, they're edgy but it seems like they make a lot of smart moves to sell their product.

The Can:
For the mild variety, the Cocaine can has been changed to blue. Other than the color change and the fact that it says "mild" instead of "spicy hot", the can is the exact same. I like the box on the back with the bull heads in it and I also like the paragraph about how it doesn't actually contain cocaine. The Cocaine logo that actually looks like cocaine is a nice touch too.

The Taste:
Upon opening up the can and taking a drink I was somewhat surprised by the flavor. The drink doesn't have the hot aftertaste but the fruit flavor is hard to pinpoint. It actually has a similar "hot" smell to it, which is kind of hard to describe unless you've had the drink. It had a nice little "bite" to it and actually tasted pretty good. It kind of reminded of the originals Rockstar's bubblegum aftertaste but it was a lot smoother and a lot lighter. Anybody would certainly enjoy the flavor and was actually pretty good, I like it.

The Buzz:
Just like the original, Cocaine Mild contains 280 mg of Caffeine in an 8 oz. can. It also contains 750 mg of Taurine, 100 mg of Inositol, 50 mg of L-Carnitine and 250 mg of D-Ribose. The buzz was the same extremely potent one I experienced before and it lasted for about 4 hours also. Trust me, if you can't handle caffeine then you shouldn't drink this. I drink a ton of caffeine and this drink had me wired for a long time. I really enjoyed the buzz this drink provided and it lived up to all the hype it's recieved in the past.

With the more mild flavor and the same potent buzz I strongly recommend this drink to those who don't like the hot flavor of the original. I bought my can online but if you can find it somewhere else I recommend trying it. I got my can here, I recommend that site also if you're into modding or building computers. They sell parts and energy drinks, which is awesome. All in all, Cocaine is an interesting drink and the mild variety tastes pretty good and provides the same great buzz as the original.

2 comments:

Share your comments here!