Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hydrive Extra Strength Energy Review

I was very kindly contacted by the Hydrive company via email, they not only read my Hydrive reviews but they also wanted to send me samples of their new Extra Strength drink. I want to personally thank the Hydrive company for not only taking the time to contact me but also for sending my drinks out quickly. Not long after I woke up this morning a Fedex truck pulled up outside and put a box on my front porch. I immediately knew what it was and as soon as I got the box open I put the drinks in the fridge to get them ice cold. Hydrive Extra Strength isn't available yet in my area and I'm very grateful to the company for sending me some so I could try it and review it. Once again, thank you. For the last few days I've been editing some of my older reviews and re-writing them in a format that I feel is much more organized. This review is not only of a drink that I've been extremely excited to try but also the first new review I'm writing in my new review format, enjoy.

The Bottle:
Hydrive Extra Strength's bottle really looks great. Instead of using a clear see-thru label like on a regular Hydrive drink, they used a black label which really works well for an extra strength drink. It not only distinguishes the drink from the regular strength flavors but also looks edgier and all in all better for an extra strength drink. In my other Hydrive reviews I talked about the humorous descriptions on the back of Hydrive bottles, this drink has one also:

"Why Hydrive Extra Strength? Because some days you need something extra to help you conquer the world. Hydrive- The healthier way to re-energize."

The back of the bottle also contains the slogan "Big Energy, Big Flavor", those are two things I look for in an energy drink and from my past experiences with Hydrive I knew that this drink would most likely provide that and more.

The Drink:
Hydrive chose to use a Black Cherry flavor for their Extra Strength drink, that's not only a perfect fit for an extra strength drink but it is also a nice flavor for any energy drink in general, they did a nice job choosing a unique flavor that fits the product well. Along with the bottles they sent me, they also sent me a sheet containing the following useful information about the drink:

1. Black Cherry Flavor
2. 6g Sugar/30 Calories
3. 195 mg of Caffeine
4. Amino Acids, Electrolytes
5. 20% More Caffeine Than 16 oz. Red Bull

That's an impressive list, I typically count on a drink's caffeine content to provide energy. The other ingredients help but caffeine is one thing that I know will provide energy. As you can see, this drink contains 20% more caffeine than a 16 oz. Red Bull, that basically puts Red Bull to shame which this drink also does in many other categories. The resealable bottle and flavor are also big advantages. After the drink sat in the fridge getting cold for a few hours, I decided to take it out and drink it. I twisted open the bottle and smelled a delicious black cherry flavor. Upon taking a sip, the flavor was great. The black cherry really compliments the amazing smoothness of the drink well and the aftertaste the drink leaves in your mouth is great. I wasn't worried about it in the first place but this drink has absoulutely no bad aftertaste from the caffeine or other ingredients at all. The black cherry is really nice and as I said a great choice for an extra strength drink, they did a great job.

The Buzz:
Hydrive Extra Strength's Proprietary Blend contains 320 mg overall. It contains 195 mg of Caffeine, 50 mg of Taurine, 25 mg of L-Arginine, 25 mg of L-Carnitine and 25 mg of Yerba Mate Leaf Extract. Along with the Amino Acids and Electolytes that blend is sure to give you an amazing buzz while also keeping you hydrated. Sure enough, very soon after finishing the drink I felt a very strong energy buzz that was just right. It was perfect, it really did what it was supposed to and more and just verified once again that Hydrive really knows what they're doing with their drinks.

Hydrive really made a great energy drink with their new Extra Strength variety, not only does it have a great black cherry flavor that is extremely smooth and just right, it also provides a more potent and just right energy buzz that is amazing. Top that off with a really nice bottle design and the resealable bottle and you have one of the best energy drinks I've ever had.

2 comments:

  1. are these energy drinks bad for your health

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything is. except kale

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!