Monday, July 4, 2011

Rockstar Punched Citrus Energy Review

I've reviewed several Rockstar drinks before and Rockstar is one of my more favorite commercial energy drink brands. I didn't even know this drink existed until I found it in Pennsylvania after traveling the 15 minutes or so from Ohio to see the movie "Bad Teacher" with Cameron Diaz. I stopped at a gas station and picked up this drink after the movie since I didn't drink or eat anything at the theater. Everything there is way too expensive, sometimes I complain about prices of energy drinks but those are often nothing compared to prices at the movie theater. I don't review movies though, I review energy drinks.


The Can:
Rockstar Punched Citrus' can is very noticeable and eye-catching in a cooler amongst other energy drinks. The bright green really seemed to draw me in for some reason, it looks nice even though it's a far cry from the dark black design on the original Rockstar. When I had Rockstar Punched at Cedar Point (An Amusement Park in Sandusky, Ohio) it tasted like fruit punch which makes perfect sense because of the drink's name. When I hear the word "punch" I usually think of fruit punch, this drink is supposed to be a citrus punch, which is interesting.

The Drink:
When I cracked open the tab on top and took a sip, the flavor was hard to place. It was pretty sour like lemonade and also had a decent "bite" to the taste, it also sort of tasted like white pop such as Sprite or 7UP. The flavor was pretty different but wasn't bad, it tastes pretty good but is hard to pinpoint.

The Buzz:
As usual with Rockstar drinks, this drink contains a nice energy blend. It contains the usual Rockstar list of energy ingredients and if you've ever had a Rockstar drink before you should know what to expect. This drink really woke me up, it did what it was supposed to and wasn't that bad.

If you're looking for something different and unique to try, I highly recommend this drink. It seems to be a little harder to find than some other Rockstar drinks but if you see it somewhere, pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!