Sunday, August 7, 2011

Rip It 3 Way Energy Review

3 Way is one of the new additions to Rip It's 16 oz. energy drink line. Along with two other flavors, 3 Way was recently released and is slowly but surely showing up at various stores. I finally found 3 Way at a store on Waterloo Road in Cleveland, Ohio. I was in Cleveland in late July to attend the 2011 Ohio State Yoyo Contest and decided to pick up an energy drink before it started. There were three new energy drinks at the store I'd never had, two Xyience drinks and 3 Way. I decided to pick up 3 Way and try it since I've been looking forward to doing so and since it was the cheapest of the three.


The Can:
Rip It really went all out with this can's design and it looks awesome. The blue and yellow are an unusual yet nice combination and the can looks really nice. Unlike the first few Rip It drinks to come out, it seems like the newer ones have much more colorful designs. The blue tab on the top of the can is a nice touch and if you're looking for 3 Way you should have no trouble spotting it in a cooler somewhere.

The Drink:
From the name of this drink, you could assume that the people over at Rip It are a gang of perverts. Actually, the name "3 Way" comes from the flavor of the drink. 3 Way is a mixture of three flavors: Berry, strawberry and blueberry. Upon taking a sip, I noted that the blueberry was the most prominent. The berry gave it a nice little bite and the strawberry made for a very smooth and pleasant aftertaste. Overall, it was a really good flavor that I enjoyed. They did a great job with it and it actually tastes how it's described. The only people that probably wouldn't like it are people that really, really don't like berries.

The Buzz:
3 Way contains 1010 mg of Taurine, 102 mg of Caffeine, 100 mg of Inositol and 3 mg of Guarana. I can certainly say that I felt a buzz from this drink, it really got me awake and lasted for a long time. It wasn't "extreme" and it wasn't completely worthless, it was just right. I really liked the buzz it provided and happy with the drink in the end.

3 Way is a really nice addition to the Rip It line. For only 99 cents, you get a really good flavor and a really good buzz. I haven't seen it at many stores yet but when you see it be sure to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!