Saturday, September 3, 2011

Red Bull Cola Energy Review

Not long ago, I read that Red Bull had discontinued their cola drink. I don't blame them, the average person didn't even know it existed and even as a fan of energy drinks that looks for them everywhere, I'd never seen it in person. Not surprisingly, I finally found a whole case of it sitting on a shelf at Big Lots about a week ago. Big Lots is the place where a lot of energy drinks, or products in general, go to die. Unlike other Big Lots stores, my local Big Lots almost never has any obscure or exciting energy drinks that are worth reviewing, there are a few here and there but I don't think they have that many compared to other stores. I picked up a can for 50 cents, took it home and put it in the fridge. Let's see how it compares/compared to other energy drinks I've had in 8 oz. cans and how good it is compared to the other cola energy drinks I've had.

The Can:
Red Bull Cola's can doesn't look half bad, it still maintains Red Bull's familiar image while also creating it's own unique image that differentiates it from the original Red Bull. The red, blue and silver all look fairly nice together and overall the can looks pretty good. There's not much else to say, it looks good and does what it's supposed to.

The Drink:
 Upon opening the can and taking a sip, I noted that Red Bull Cola is fairly reminiscent of the other cola energy drinks I've had. It has a nice cola taste that isn't bad at all. If you're into energy drinks like I am, I'll go ahead and say that it maintains Jolt Cola's taste while having a very similar aftertaste to Rockstar's cola offering. As for comparing it to popular sodas out there, it tastes more like Coca-Cola than anything but still sort of has it's own unique taste. It's very drinkable and I can't really see why anyone wouldn't enjoy it.

The Buzz:
I'm very aware that I haven't posted a new review on this site for close to a month, I actually haven't had an energy drink for close to a month and don't plan to drink them anymore unless it's a new one for a review. Energy drink's are still great to me and everything but I do care about my health and drinking one every day just to have one isn't really necessary in my opinion. My brother had some health problems from energy drinks and I'm going to be a lot more careful from now one. Basically, not drinking as many energy drinks is going to lower my caffeine tolerance which basically means that a lot of drinks are going to seem a lot stronger to me now. So, Red Bull Cola did in fact provide me with a nice little lift that lasted for a good hour and a half. I'm not ashamed to not be drinking as many energy drinks and it's interesting that one little 8 oz. can used to do absolutely nothing for me and after drinking Red Bull Cola I felt a nice little buzz. I feel that I can now relate to the casual energy drink consumer much more easily and in turn provide more accurate reviews. So, Red Bull Cola will most likely provide you with a nice little lift. It's not going to be as strong as just about any 16 oz. drink but it will give you the nice buzz you most likely purchased the drink for.

As I said, I got this drink at Big Lots. It's probably still there and if you're into collecting energy drink cans now is your chance to get a can of Red Bull Cola. If you see this drink at Big Lots for 50 cents, you might as well try it, I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!