Thursday, July 21, 2011

Rip It Red Zone Energy Shot Review

I was unaware that Rip It even made energy shots prior to taking a trip to the Dollar Tree. There was a shelf full of them at the Dollar Tree which caught my attention and I decided to pick up a few to review. "Red Zone" was actually a Rip It flavor that came in a 20 oz. bottle before it was discontinued. "Red Zone" as a drink is supposedly going to be available in 16 oz. energy drink form very soon and in the meantime I'm going to review the Red Zone shot.






The Bottle:
Red Zone is one of the few energy shots I've seen at the Dollar Tree that doesn't try to blatantly rip off 5 Hour Energy. The bottle doesn't look that bad, it looks nice and the design sort of mimics a 16 oz. Rip It energy drink. I like the "Raw Sustained Energy" text on the lid and the black lid is also a nice way to top off the whole design.

The Shot:
After purchasing the shot I eagerly twisted it open to drink it. Upon drinking the shot, the flavor really surprised me. It's supposed to be a strawberry flavor, it definitely tastes like strawberry and has no bad aftertaste whatsoever. Actually, it was one of the best tasting energy shots I've ever had. They did a nice job putting together a unique flavor that has no bad aftertastes. It was very drinkable and I think just about anybody would enjoy it.

The Buzz:
Red Zone contains 100 mg of Taurine, 100 mg of Caffeine, 20 mg of L-Glutanine and 20 mg of Glucoronolactone. Not long after finishing the shot, a nice buzz crept up on me that was just about right. I wasn't so wired that I was agitated and I didn't not get a buzz at all. The buzz was about average for a good energy shot and lasted for about 4 1/2 hours. It definitely worked and got the job done, I highly recommend this shot to someone that has to sit in a office all day because it probably won't make you all jittery and agitated, it's just right. I didn't "crash" either, which is a plus.

Since I got this at the Dollar Tree, I only paid $1 for it. $1 for a shot that tastes good and actually provides "raw sustained energy" isn't a bad deal and I highly recommend picking one up if you can find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments here!