Monday, January 31, 2011

Monster M-80 Energy Review

                                                    
I think this drink is called M-80 because it's 80% juice, which is sort of unusual. Monster has a whole line of juice drinks and this is one of them. I don't really understand why Monster has so many drinks that are all similar to one another. I'd rather have a standard Monster drink than a juice one. Since I love reviewing energy drinks though I decided to pick this up and review it anyway, let's see how it compares to other Monster drinks I've reviewed before.




The Can:
Monster's juice drink cans are all gray with the exception of the black box around the M on the front of the can. They don't look that bad but are notorious for having ridiculous descriptions on the back of them. The back of M-80's can says something about this drink being created while Monster was at some surf event somewhere, I highly doubt that this surf event ever happened and even if it did I doubt that they made the drink up there. I don't know why they feel the need to inform the consumer of such unusual information.

The Drink:
Keep in mind that M-80 is a juice drink which means that it has a different texture than the original Monster. M-80's flavor is hard to describe, it's a mixture of citrus, pineapple and that standard Monster taste that the original Monster has. The original Monster taste isn't as potent as in other Monster varieties though. It's an alright taste but I can't really see everybody liking it, I recommend trying it and seeing how you like it, it's an interesting flavor.

The Buzz:
M-80 contains the standard Monster energy blend which means a fairly nice and above average energy buzz. The buzz you get is the equivalent to the one you get from an original Monster. The buzz does what it's supposed to and lasts, which is good.

M-80 isn't a horrible energy drink, I can see some people not liking the taste but other then that it's not horrible. It provides a good energy buzz and does what it was made to do, which is provide energy.

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE them! I would drink at least 1 a day! But for a little over a month now I cannot find them anywhere!! Does anyone know why??

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of Monster flavors seem to disappear and then show up again at stores, Monster has a ton of flavors and M-80 is an older flavor so they're most likely trying to make more room for all the coffee Monsters and stuff at the store. A lot of people have said that they can't find "Dub Edition" Monster, but the store down the street from me has a shelf full of it in all the sizes too, who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My local QuickTrip (QT) has been out of M-80 for the past several weeks. An employee there said that Monster is discontinuing the 16 oz can of M-80, but I'm not sure how credible this is. Hope it's not true. I love the drink for its flavor, and the 80% juice factor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The M-80 is the only energy drink that my husband will drink and he can't find it anywhere. I'm wondering if there is somewhere online that I would be able to order a few cases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazon sells 24 pack of M-80 16 oz drinks for around 55$

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have talked to one of the Monster guys and he said that they have discontinued it in some locations but I have managed to find a convenience store that sells them and gets them on the truck weekly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They need to bring it back i've looked everywhere but i cant find it

      Delete
  7. Monster m80 is not discontinued. They renamed it and gave it a huge makeover, hence why you cannot find it anywhere for the longest of time. I still manage to find the old can, but the new can is called "RIPPER" and its a bright pineapple yellow now. With "JUICE" slapped above where "M80" used to be. It still has exactly the same ingredients, and same information on the back. I wish i could upload a picture for you guys but sadly i cannot cause i dont want to violate any terms of this website or provide outside links, as a security risk. :/ anyways, i love this drink and i will love it for a long, long time. It along with the 2 Dubbed flavors. By the way, dubbed grape used to be called "MIXXD"

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!