Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wave Energy Review

The Wave company very kindly sent me free samples of both their regular and sugar free drinks after I contacted them via Facebook. Wave is an energy drink that I've always known about but never actually saw in person. Wave has only been around a few years yet in my opinion they're doing a pretty good job of getting their product out there. I "liked" their page on Facebook and they frequently update it and connect with their fans, which is cool. To make a long story short, I was really looking forward to finally being able to give the original Wave a try.





The Can:
Wave decided to take a more clean and smooth approach with their can design and it works well. With a name like Wave, they could have went all over the place with a dumb beach theme or something but they didn't. I really like all the blue on the can and the red seems to top the whole design off. As you can see, unlike Rockstar or Monster, Wave didn't go for an "edgy" or dark design, they just kept it clean and simple.

The Drink:
Upon cracking open the can with the blue tab on top (Another nice addition to the can, by the way), I smelled a very, very familiar scent. Initially, Wave smells just like Red Bull. It's not quite as strong, but it's close. Fortunately, the similarities between Wave and Red Bull end with the actual taste of the drink. Wave maintains a very smooth and crisp citrus-like taste throughout the whole can. Honestly, it does taste somewhat like Red Bull. However, everything that anyone could ever find wrong with Red Bull has been fixed by Wave. There's no medicinal aftertaste and it doesn't taste that strong. If you're a fan of energy drinks you'll undoubtedly enjoy Wave. If you're a casual consumer looking for a drinkable energy drink, Wave isn't a bad choice either.

The Buzz:
Wave's "Proprietary Blend" contains Taurine, Caffeine, Inositol, L-Lysine, Choline Bitartrate and Guarana. I've had band practice every day this week from either 8 to 12 or 8 to 1 and it usually tires me out. After a particularly long day at band, I decided to drink one of my cans of Wave and see if it could wake me up. Not long after finishing the drink, I felt a nice, above average and noticeable energy buzz. I haven't been writing a lot of new reviews because I've been trying to cut back on energy drinks a little. This drink really woke me up and it got the job done. Wave doesn't really mess around, it provides a nice potent energy buzz and does what it's supposed to.

All in all, Wave is a pretty good drink. It has a really good taste and provides potent and sustained energy. Wave is nowhere to be found at any stores in my area but if you see it I highly recommend trying it. In the end, I can safely say that I'm glad I "tasted the wave" and am looking forward to trying the sugar free variety in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. A near by city had lots of boith versions in the 16oz cans cus supposably thy alsoi make 5.5oz mini cans. They were sold as 1.99 promo price from reg 2.99 bought one and this week mabye Thursday or friday I'll review it. Gort it last night in the evening time. Just looking stuff up about it online right now cheer's.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!