Friday, February 11, 2011

Samba Energy Juice Review

                                         
I bought this drink from the store that I get the majority of my energy drinks from, it was on a shelf that I get drinks from sometimes but I've never tried it, until now. Samba isn't actually the name of the brand, it's actually Rumba and Samba is one of the three varieties. It doesn't say that on the can, but I wanted to figure out what brand it belonged to since the can is so indescript, and I found out after doing a little research. Believe it or not, this drink is actually made by the same company that makes Monster, Hansen's. It's 100% juice, and it mentions dancing on the can a few times, which makes sense since it's called Samba. I don't dance nor have I felt the need to, so I won't be able to tell you if it helped me out with that.



The Can:
Samba's can is mostly blue and doesn't look too bad. I like the way they put it together but I think it appeals much more to a female crowd than a male crowd, I bought the drink though so I have to review it despite not being a female. I like how the can says "100% Juice" on it, that's not something you see all the time in energy drinks and it makes the drink stand out.

The Drink:
Samba's flavor is supposed to be some sort of fruity blend. I opened up the can and drank some and recognized the flavor as 100% apple juice. Apple juice doesn't taste horrible out of a cup but coming from a can makes it taste worse than usual. If you don't care for apple juice then you wouldn't like this drink. I don't think it tastes horrible and it's not the worst I've had, it's just apple juice.

The Buzz:
As far as I can tell from reading the back of the can, Samba contains the same or a very similar energy blend to Monster energy. Monster provides a pretty enjoyable buzz therefore Samba does too. The buzz lasted for a few hours and did what it was meant to do.

Even though Samba has a decent flavor and buzz, it costs the same as a Monster and has the same energy blend as a Monster, which means I'd much rather have a Monster than a Samba.

1 comment:

Share your comments here!