Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rockstar Punched Energy Review

Last tuesday was probably the best day I've had in awhile. I went on a trip to Cedar Point, an amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio and rode 9 roller coasters in the time I was there. I pretty much walked right onto all of them with the exception of the Top Thrill Dragster, which I waited for over an hour for and the Millenium Force, which was only about a 15 minute wait. I've always loved roller coasters and even though the Top Thrill Dragster was the most intense ride I've ever been on, The Millenium Force was my favorite because the first drop was amazing and it was a great ride in general. The Top Thrill Dragster only last about 17 seconds, you shoot from 0 to 128 miles per hour in 3 seconds and then drop 400 feet straight down, it was awesome. After riding those two and the other coasters near the front, I made my way to the back of the park towards the Gemini, Mean Streak, and Magnum XL-200, which I rode 4 times. Located near the Gemini was a stand that sold energy drinks, which made my day. I decided to pick up the only drink there I hadn't had before, which was this. I paid $5 for it which you wouldn't pay anywhere else but Cedar Point, the park is somewhat notorious for it's awesome roller coasters but high food and drink prices. Still, I was excited to give this drink a try.

The Can:
The can design is nice, I can never find it at any local stores but I think they did a good job with the black, white and red color scheme. The can says that it's a "tropical punch" flavor, which is pretty much fruit punch.

The Drink:
After opening it, that's exactly what it was. It's just fruit punch but it tastes pretty good, I'd highly recommend this to anybody this to anyone that loves fruit punch since that's exactly what this drink is, nothing else.

The Buzz:
Rockstar drinks always have impressive energy blends, this drink isn't an exception. It actually supposedly has 50% more caffeine than the original Rockstar. The sign at the stand promised "enhanced g-forces" and "more air time", I rode several more coasters after drinking this and since it was my first time riding all of them, I can't really say if that statement is true. The average person isn't going to be riding a bunch of roller coasters after drinking this so that doesn't really matter.Still, I did note an above average energy buzz from this drink.

This drink did help me feel a lot more awake after a 3 hour ride to the park and a few roller coasters. It's a great tasting drink and provides a pretty good buzz, if I can ever find this drink nearby I'm definitely picking it up again, you should too.

3 comments:

  1. Lucky! I am a 12 year old in California, and i have always wanted to go ride Top Thrill Dragster, and I still haven't yet. :/ But anyway, grey site! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. *Gret site.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments here!